Pages / Page Builder Issue in 8.9.6

• Kari
    Newbie 13 points
    September 5, 2016 at 9:50 pm

With the 8.9.6 release, there seem to be major issues – are others having these issues with this release?

– Unable to edit pages. Once you go into a specific page and try to edit one of the objects in page builder, it doesn’t open properly. Or if it does and you make edits and hit save, it closes the object, but when trying to then click the “update” buttons – it doesn’t save or do anything. When going back into the object, the edits made were not saved.

– The Admin is also incredibly slow. Is this related to this release?

• Jason
    Jason
    Guru 837 points
    September 6, 2016 at 1:06 am

I dont see any 8.9.6 ? Helloooo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    September 6, 2016 at 1:56 am

hi Kari,

did you updated via auto update link from your wordpress dashboard?

if so, can you send a ticket for this issues please so we can check?

ticket url : https://premiumpress.com/ticket/

thank you

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 6, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Hello Kari,
    Try disabling all your plugins first.
    @Jason Please go to Appearance >Themes >Click on active theme >update now.Please backup first

• Jaroslava
    Jaroslava
    Newbie 74 points
    September 6, 2016 at 2:45 pm

ehm, hi, where is 8.9.6 ? i dont see in my account (TY

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 6, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Mark Fail is updating the Members Area to reflect new version.For the mean time please the steps above to update (Please go to Appearance >Themes >Click on active theme >update now.Please backup first )

• Jaroslava
    Jaroslava
    Newbie 74 points
    September 6, 2016 at 3:27 pm

hi, thank you, i prefer manual update, So I’ll wait

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 6, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Steps to update manually:

1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: https://www.premiumpress.com/account/ then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme and Activate
    5. Done.

• Jaroslava
    Jaroslava
    Newbie 74 points
    September 6, 2016 at 4:51 pm

hi, thank you.

Only info-
    (Please go to Appearance >Themes >Click on active theme >update now. –

This i dont see (no >update now

but how i did write, i prefer manual update, So I’ll wait to 8.9.6 in my account here

Thank you

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 6, 2016 at 4:56 pm

See attached image

Attachments:
  • Jaroslava
    Jaroslava
    Newbie 74 points
    September 6, 2016 at 5:41 pm

hello thank you, but really I have not got information about the new version and update options. (Unfortunately now I still can not even give you the screenshot – sent the picture), but never mind, I’m waiting for 8.9.6 in my
    account here, for manual update

sorry my damn english (google translate

• Kari
    Newbie 13 points
    September 6, 2016 at 7:42 pm

@Josh – disabling Jetpack and Akismet seemed to help. Updated pages is still being hit or miss – sometimes it’s working, sometimes not.

The only other 3rd party plugins we have are Wordfence (for security) and Yoast (for SEO). These are not new installed plugins, they have been working fine. Do these cause known issues?

A few screenshots attached:
    1 – is this error message: “Are you sure you want to do this? The comment changes you made will be lost” – whether you hit OK or cancel, it doesn’t save your edits.

2 – we’ve been consistently receiving this 502 error. Not sure if this is related to the 8.9.6 release?

Attachments:

• Leila
    Newbie 10 points
    September 6, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Hello all.
    I’m having the same problem as Kari. My page builder doesn’t allow me to make change and if it does the update button doesn’t work. I have upgrade it to 1.9 still no change.

• Leila
    Newbie 10 points
    September 6, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I have already upgraded the theme.

• Kari
    Newbie 13 points
    September 12, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Still having the issue with updating Pages. When updating an object within PageBuilder on a specific page, you hit save and the object closes. But hitting the update button doesn’t do anything – or it gives you the pop-up with the message “Are you sure you want to do this? The comment changes you made will be lost” – whether you hit OK or cancel, it doesn’t save your edits.

Any insight?

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes