Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Packages & Memberships

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 8:22 am

Me again. I have set up a 2 packages and a few custom fields. Some of the custom fields are available in only one of the packages and some custom fields available to both packages giving a budget package and a more expensive budget. I then set up a membership for those with more than one listing.
    The bit I cant fathom is if someone signs up for the membership do they have access to all the custom fields? in custom fields there is no where to assign to memberships nor in memberships assign custom fields

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points
    July 18, 2013 at 8:59 am

when setting up your membership packages and if you have assigned a submission package to a membership and a user signs up for a membership they can only access that package selected for it. otherwise they will have to upgrade membership to get the higher package.

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 9:07 am

thats the problem , when I created the membership package I cant see any way to assign packages. and when I create a package I am not seeing a way to assign packages to certain memberships

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points
    July 18, 2013 at 9:20 am

you are supposed to create the submission package first

then when you set up the membership package there is an option to select a submission package for it.

with the membership you want to assign the submission package click on “show/hide option”.
    then find Package ID field and select the package you want assigned to the membership.

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 9:24 am

yes what you described is what is in directory press theme but not in the responsive directory theme…or I cant see it for looking

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 9:55 am

packages and memberships are seperated in the new framework, it confused too many people in DP so iv separated them.

Packages in the new version only have a expiry option, this is then used by the membership expiry date if the user submits listings under a membership.

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 10:04 am

so if a person purchases a membership would they get full access to the custom fields or no access.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 10:10 am

they would get full access to custom fields which were not set for a specific package.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 10:11 am

ill look at options to make it easier, possible create an extra option for memberships when creating custom fields so you can assign it to both.

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 10:15 am

ty. – so in this example having a membership wouldnt be beneficial (at this stag…Package one has 2 custom fields assigned to it. Package two has all 10 custom fields assigned. There are no custom fields unassigned. Membership would not be a used as there are no unassigned custom fields so doesnt benefit the customer

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Karien.

Yes thats correct.

• kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points
    July 18, 2013 at 12:23 pm

yay I am starting to get it. Something odd has happened now I removed the membership so I have submitted a ticket

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm

:) your account was still assigned a membership that’s all (since it hadnt expired)

ill work on some video tutorials this weekend, try and make it less confusing.

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points
    July 18, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Kairen,
    Think of membership as a way to restrict content like a membership site would do.
    Most public directory sites would not need to restrict content, although it could have some uses.

I am using memberships, all free, to designate a type of user, between advertiser, someone who might want to pay for a listing, or benefit from a free listing, and another free membership level for consumers who are looking for the businesses who have the listings.

Mark: thus the need for free memberships as well as free listings.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 19, 2013 at 8:05 am

Mike thanks :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)