Packages in responsive Directory press

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Packages in responsive Directory press

Packages in responsive Directory press

July 17, 2013
kairen kairen
  • kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points

I am a bit confused on creating packages. In the new responsive directory theme all the things ( like google maps) are an add on regardless to which package is chosen. So I am confused if there is any advantage to having packages? The add ons like google maps etc can be switched off but they are either on or off , not package assigned. Hope that makes sense? Plus if I have put this in the wrong place sorry but I couldnt find responsive directory in the list

July 17, 2013 at 8:08 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Hi kairen

It’s a fair question and something i did think about when building it.

Packages are there for determining listing length, category placements and media uploads, also for additional plugin options etc.

I may extend them to include options to turn on/off package enhancements later on if its a better solution.

July 17, 2013 at 8:41 am

• Alexandra
    Newbie 65 points

i think there should be option to turn on/off every feature.

maybe have grouped features
    social links group
    under this group you have
    facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc fields

so here we can turn on/off social links group for the package

July 17, 2013 at 8:47 am
  • kairen
    kairen
    Newbie 25 points

I guess half of it is getting my brain to think of it differently instead of thinking its going to work the same way as other directory theme.
    Now you said ‘Packages are there for determining listing length, category placements and media uploads, also for additional plugin options etc.’ it makes more sense and is more workable. Its just getting my brain to think from a different angle. But can I ask what is additional plugin option bit?

July 17, 2013 at 9:02 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

There will be additional add-ons allowing you to give more options for each package, just like the current package enhancements but related more to each package.

July 17, 2013 at 9:20 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

social links are custom fields and can still be set per package.

July 17, 2013 at 9:21 am
  • Jey
    Jey
    Senior Member 127 points

There will be additional add-ons allowing you to give more options for each package, just like the current package enhancements but related more to each package.

Thats a great news Mark.

Independent control over individual package is really required, same as in DP.(7.1.4). In addition to that, the existing “Listing Enhancements” feature also can be brought under individual packages (image:package).

<span style=”text-decoration:underline;”>Enhancement request:</span>
    The same feature selection must be available to free listing (when no packages available; Presently, we have only media file upload control, image:No_package)

No expiry-feature also to be included.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 17, 2013 at 12:27 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

I’m browsing the forum here because I’m getting into the “Listing Packages” and “Membership Packages” area and haven’t been able (yet) to wrap my head around the options for which I should be using for our needs, and the differences between them.

The discussion above about assigning “Listing Enhancements” to individual listing AND membership packages is of special interest to me so I’ll be following along.

I’ll keep digging into the tutorials and searching threads here, but so far, it’s not quite clear to me on how to separate the “value adds” per individual “Listing Packages” vs “Membership Packages”.

I’ll keep on trucking along, just wanted to give some feedback from a new user regarding the above:)

July 17, 2013 at 12:52 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Uh oh, is the documentation still being worked on? I’m only getting headings here, no content:

http://www.premiumpress.com/_v8/docs/1/#!/6

July 17, 2013 at 12:55 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

@Adam, yeh going as fast as i can sorry.

July 17, 2013 at 4:23 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

@Mark, no worries. Hopefully the questions above will help with the documentation:)

July 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Thanks Adam

Maybe i can help here, what are you unsure about?

July 17, 2013 at 4:27 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

I’ll take some time and submit another thread with details and questions (currently watching my son so I’m a bit busy;)

July 17, 2013 at 5:19 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points

Back to the topic of this thread….

if you can pull off the custom css to display the directory listing to be controlled on a package basis, that would cover a big piece of it. Add enhanced listing and category ad placement and it should cover the bulk of it.

July 17, 2013 at 6:28 pm
  • garry
    garry
    Newbie 49 points

Yes, in the previous systems, features could be tied to packages. In Responsive, appears not. Also in previous a package could be set up to be reoccuring or not. It appears that is gone now too. Also used to have the ability to vary prices per Category and I dont see that yet either.

The Responsive version does seem easier to follow functionally but seems to be missing some of the core features of the old pkg just yet. Overall though, very nice functionality to the Directory packages. :-)

July 18, 2013 at 2:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team