Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Package Disply – Subscribe Goes to Login Not Listing Form and Registration

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 21, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Hi Mark,

I was having trouble with the two items above before the 3.6 update and was waiting for it to see if they would be corrected.

In order to show you exactly what I’m seeing, I’ve made a screencast below:

Can you please advise on what settings I should check or if these would be bugs?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 22, 2013 at 1:16 am

1. the text you’ve added is pushing your package boxes down, you need to include a clear tag.

2. your hosting is running magic_quotes, ill add an updated file today for you to remove the slashes.

add the code after your text.

3. the subscribe will go to the login unless you’ve allowed visitor registration, this is enabled under the general seutp tab.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 22, 2013 at 1:43 am

Hi Mark,

1. I fixed this by including paragraph tags <p>my content</p>

2. Good news on the slashes. Please let me know.

3. Got it now. In the name of clarity for others here, I had to allow two things:

General Setup–>Registration Tab–>”Allow Visitors to Register Accounts” set to “ON”
    General Setup–>Submission Settings–>”Allow Visitor Submissions” set to “ON”

One outstanding question:

Only three of my four listings are showing still. Any idea why? Perhaps it’s there, but the content area isn’t wide enough and the fourth one doesn’t wrap into a new row?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 22, 2013 at 2:04 am

Couple other things I noticed, maybe bugs due to recent updates?

1. General Settings–>Submission Settings–>Google Maps set to “ON”
    This shows Google Maps on all listing submissions as intended, however, I think there’s a conflict with the new “Listing Enhancements per Listing” feature you added to 3.6.

In my “Free” listing I have not selected any enhancements, but the Google Map still shows for the Free listing. If I turn off the Google Map setting, then it doesn’t show on any listings, even my “Personal”, “Freelance” and “Business” packages where I have specifically checked Google Maps in the “Listing Enhancements per package”.

2. Limiting Categories Per Listing:
    In my “Free” listing, I have allowed only one category, but when filling out the listing details, I’m able to choose multiple categories. Same with my other packages where I’ve allowed 2, 3, and 6 categories.

Can this be limited as expected when people are choosing categories? Perhaps with a message that “the category limit has been reached for this package” or something?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 22, 2013 at 2:17 am

Update: I deleted the Freelance listing that wasn’t showing and recreated it. It now shows. Other questions above still outstanding.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 22, 2013 at 5:50 am

1. General Settings–>Submission Settings–>Google Maps turns the map feature as a whole on/off, this doesn’t affect user package listings. If the users listing has the Google map turn on (check by editing the listing in the admin) it will show.

Package changes after a submission has been made will not affect existing packages. So turning if off after its been added will not auto turn off all the old listing as that wouldnt be clever.

2. you maybe able to select multiple, but when saving they will be reduced. If required i could put a message but this could also be put in the package description.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Mark,

I’m getting frustrated. I have deleted all Listing Packages and recreated them. Free, Freelance, and Professional. Now the Free Package doesn’t show. Only Freelance and Business show on my listing packages page and I have no idea why.

1. Google Map per listing package does not show, I’m sorry.

If Google Map is OFF globally and I’ve ticked it as an enhancement in Freelance and Professional, it does not show on the initial submission page of those listings.

If I turn it ON globally, it does show on those two packages (and I have this ticked as an enhancement on those packages), but I cannot test to see if it is NOT listed on the Free package (not ticked in enhancements) because for some reason my Free package does not display as listed above.

I’ll make another screencast with audio this time to show you what I’m seeing.

2. I’ll just add this in the package descriptions.

I really hate to be a bother here, but I either I’m missing a key understanding of the setup or something’s not working the way it should.

Screencast coming…

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 22, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Hi Mark,

Here’s the new screencast showing you the Free package listing and Google Map issues I’m experiencing. Hopefully it will help to explain where I’m at with these.

As always, I appreciate your time and feedack:

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hi Mark,

Have you had a chance to look at the screencast above?

I did see v3.7, and I read the changelog and updated, but it hasn’t affected the issues outlined above.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 23, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Adam it maybe easier if you email me directly with your logins, very difficult to help without seeing your setup.

email: mark@markfail.com

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 23, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Will do Mark. I’ll add you as a user, coming soon. Please remember the Coming Soon Pro needs to be turned off and wpengine “purge caches”. <—like in the video:)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

why you need to use those plugins when setting up your site i really dont know.. :)

checking now for you.

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 23, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Mark/Adam … hi

I am having a very similar/related issue which is busy driving me insane! (because I have to login/logout every time to test a setting change)
    Regarding “free listings” related setup.

When logged-OUT … and one clicks to Add Listing …
    – free listings are shown as an empty box … 02-LoggedOut-FreeOnly.png

But when logged-IN … the same setup shows details and buttons … 03-LoggedIn-FreeOnly.png

When logged-OUT again after creating/adding a “paid package” option … the PAID option shows but But The Free Options Is Completely Missing! … 05-LoggedOUT-PaidAndFree.png

But when logged-IN again … the same setup shows details and buttons for both Packages and Memberships … 06-LoggedIn-PaidAndFree.png

So … it seems to be login-related in some way … ???
    And the same thing happens with Memebrships … 07-Loggedout-PackagesAndMemberships

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 23, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 23, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Allow Visitors to Register Accounts = ON
    Allow Visitor Submissions = ON

Please tell me there is a solution … I need this site up by tomorrow, and it’s dead in the water without showing free listings … and/or having to register first.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)