Now CSV Import Problem

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Now CSV Import Problem

Now CSV Import Problem

July 5, 2013
Adrian Adrian
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Since downloading, updating and importing my CSV, my home page now appears twice…
    after </body> </html> I now get another <div class=”entry article”> and my whole home page appears over again…

Also, I pasted 500 listings in my CSV but only 1 of them has appeared on my directory (although after the import it said successful and 590 or whatever listings updated)

Please help, site is http://www.tintandtan.com

July 5, 2013 at 3:35 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

It is difficult to say anything without seeing the source CSV file you have used. Seems like you had some code in the csv that breaks the html.

July 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

As Richard mentioned, would need to see your CSV file first.

July 6, 2013 at 12:09 am
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Have created a ticket regarding this with Support who also have a copy of my CSV, but on removing the listings widget from my home page, it is still broken, they think there are some open tags somewhere but not sure how it has happened as I havent done any styling or developmental amendments for months, this seems to have just happened on Friday…

July 8, 2013 at 8:47 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Have you made any modifications to your child theme? Try to switch to different child theme and see if the problem persists.

July 8, 2013 at 9:51 am
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

No I haven’t, that’s what I don’t understand. The child theme was developed by someone from the premium press community whom I hired 3-4 months ago, however this incident has only occurred in the last few days, and all I did on Friday was log in to the dashboard, download a CSV, input a few hundred entries, import this again, refresh my home page and it doubled up in a horrible way.

July 8, 2013 at 10:10 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

But does the problem persist if you switch the child themes?

July 8, 2013 at 10:48 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Also try disabling all your plugins.

July 8, 2013 at 10:49 am
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Yes, I’ve switched themes to the default and this problem persists.
    Also deactivated all plugins, same problem.

July 8, 2013 at 11:02 am
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team