No bids, just buy now and make offer

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes AuctionPress No bids, just buy now and make offer

No bids, just buy now and make offer

July 5, 2013
 Reece

• Reece
    Newbie 0 points

Hi,

I’m creating a site for a client who has a number of domains for sale.

I want to offer “buy it now” and “make offer”, but the available options through the control panel are “bid” and “make offer”, or if “Buy Now Only = Yes” only the make offer option is available.

Is there anyway to configure the Auctionpress theme to show Buy It Now for a displayed price (like ebay) with Make Offer underneath, so no bidding at all, or would I be better using the Shopperpress theme to set a fixed price sale and adding a make offer option to that using a Paypal plugin to just add a buy now button?

Hope I’ve explained myself clearly!

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Reece.
    July 5, 2013 at 12:39 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi Reece

The only option to achieve this would be to modify the code, the bidding page is:

template_auctionpress/_single.php

the display options for submitting new auctions is;

template_auctionpress/system_customdesign.php

July 6, 2013 at 12:20 am

• Akua
    Newbie 1 points

Hi Mark,

I see this is an old thread but I’m interested in a similar question and a few other related questions. I’d like to have a “Make an Offer” button available. However, I would like the “buyer” to be able to make offers that are not just monetary, but are also items that they have listed. For example, one user to offer to trade a video game for another user’s DVD movie. Essentially, I’m talking about trading.

With that, how can I change the button labels to “Trade Now” and “Make an Offer?” Additionally, how can I expand the “Make an Offer” option, if available, to include items (either through text, link to their listing, etc.) and not just money?

My coding experience is extremely limited but I would like to take a stab at revising these labels and their functions.

I see that you listed pages to modify the codes in your previous response, but how to I access this?

*I also noticed that the original posted mentioned having a Make Offer option. Why don’t I see this? Is this something that was available in an older version and is no longer an option, or should I see it?

Appreciate any support you, or anyone else, can provide.

September 21, 2015 at 6:52 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

@Akua This will require customization as the Theme does not currently have this feature.You can post here >> http://www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

September 21, 2015 at 6:29 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team