Newletters signup not working

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 18, 2015 at 2:03 am

I am using two newsletter sign up widgets. One is in the right column and the other is in the right section of the footer. You can see them in action at http://www.couponbum.com.

I do not know if I am using them correctly. When I input a test email address the form on the right column of the page looks like it is working since it says a confirmation email has been sent (see screenshot). However, I do not receive any email indicating someone has signed up for my site’s newsletter. Perhaps, I do not have the form coded correctly to use the widget.

As for the newsletter widget in the right footer area, it does not appear to be working at all. Not sure how to fix the functionality of this widget. Please help me fix these issues.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 21, 2015 at 1:20 am

Hello team,

I still have not been able to solve this issue listed above regarding the newsletter function. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 21, 2015 at 4:19 am

What is the purpose of having two of the same info on the page may I ask and did you set-up and assigned your email settings correctly?

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 23, 2015 at 3:27 am

Correct. As my initial post indicates it is likely that I have not set up the email settings appropriately.

I found the section about the newsletter widget (appearance -> widgets -> mailing list). I can control the appearance and text content of the widget; however, I do not see an option to input the email address where I want a message sent when a new user signs up for my newsletter.

Even under Theme Options -> Email Settings I cannot seem to find this option. I have been able to create custom emails and assign them to certain actions/events (i.e. Welcome Email, New Listing, etc.). Default Email settings I filled out the “from email” and “from name”.

Can anyone else help?

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:24 am

In Email setup click on mailing listt > email settings > Confirmation Email and fill in the info for all fields. Conformation email will be sent to the email assign in setup > Default Email Settings. Watch the video in Email Management to gain a general idea on setting up your email. Hope this is what you’re looking for – Good Luck!

• Eric
    Eric
    Newbie 31 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:29 pm

@Errol

Thanks for the advice. I completed all of the steps you recommended. If I visit my website and pretend to be a user I am able to sign up for the newsletter and I receive the confirmation email.

However, the email is not being sent to my site administrator email address stating that a new user has subscribed for the newsletter. I have ensured that the email address is correct and that I have access to the admin email account.

Not sure what it could be but the email never arrives. I do see that a new user has registered for the newsletter under theme options–> email setup –> mailing list –> confirmed users

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 23, 2015 at 5:37 pm

@Eric email sent to admin is only available when a user sign up for a listing and an email is created in system emails and assigned to new listing in admin emails. Email from newsletter sign-up will only be shown in email setup > mailing list > confirmed users. If you’re using an autoresponder you may able to import your list to have more interaction/options with users and your list. Hope this help – Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes