New Message Notification Email

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme New Message Notification Email

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

New Message Notification Email

August 2, 2014
Sandra Sandra
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

I have set up the new message notification email same way as I did for welcome email and new listing email but it is not sending out for me at all. The others I’ve no problems with. Please see attached email, is it something I’ve in / not in? Thanks

p.s I have tried sending one of the other emails instead of the new message one I created in its place and that also didn’t send. So I don’t think it’s with the actual message, it’s to do with something else

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 2, 2014 at 11:49 pm
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

Sorry to ask 2 things in one post, but also, when a registered user of the website sends an email to the owner of a listing their username does not appear in the message and it also not not populate in the @ field when the owner of the listing presses “reply” so there is no way for the owner of the listing to know who messaged them and so no way for them to reply. Any solution please?

August 3, 2014 at 12:02 am
  • Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points

To accomplish the task above for your email try using the shortcodes that is available in email management by clicking on view shortcodes. That may help!

Regards,

August 3, 2014 at 12:42 am
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

If not, here’s your next step: http://www.premiumpress.com/ticket/

August 3, 2014 at 3:15 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Titan 737 points

I was experiencing multiple issues with the built in messaging system. Fixed one, just to face another one, then another… In the end I opted to use this plugin instead.

Mark

August 3, 2014 at 8:27 am
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

Hi Errol, I am using the shortcodes available in the email management. Whichiswhether, that wouldn’t affect the email going out, it would just affect the contents of the email with the shortcodes not working. But thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

I’ll submit a ticcket so thanks Clive.

I may use the plugin if doesn’t get resolved. Thanks Mark.

August 3, 2014 at 10:02 am
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

The username is actually populating and populating the @field when going to reply. It’s only when email is from the admin that it doesn’t populate.

August 3, 2014 at 10:24 am
  • Sandra
    Sandra
    Senior Member 265 points

For anyone else experiencing this problem:

I had assigned the mail notification under the section “action” and “Listing contact form” when I should have is assigned under “message system” and “new message” at the bottom.

August 3, 2014 at 8:45 pm
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,709 points

most of the shortcodes don’t work on email.

Has anything special to do with email system ?

March 1, 2015 at 11:16 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team