mark

need help with displaying count in categories on a page please

on the site i am buiding i have a page that is for dispaying categories and their counts. i have two main categories where the counts are showing properly in, but in the sub categories, only the sub cat names are showing and not their count beside them. this is the shortcode i am using: [CATEGORIES COUNT="yes"] . can someone please give me the proper shortcode to display the info i want? thank you, mark;-)

Created: August 9, 2015 at 9:00 am
  • In: Coupon Theme
  • Started by: markmark
  • 3 members left 19 comments
  • Last reply from: Josh

• Mark
    Mark
    August 9, 2015 at 9:15 am

@Mark, unfortunately the [CATEGORIES] shortcode does not have such option, which is a shame.

Mark

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 9:31 am

@mark thank you but i am almost positive that @josh helped me with another site and had it working like i need now. it was not appropriate for that site but for this one i absolutely need it. thank you and perhaps @josh will chime in on this because it sure looks stupid on the way it is now;-)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark
    Mark
    August 9, 2015 at 10:20 am

Try using the [TAXONOMY] shortcode instead.

[TAXONOMY name=’listing’ count=’yes’ icon=’no’]

Mark

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 10:50 am

@mark Replace the file (located under framework >class) with the attached file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 1:06 pm

@josh thank you. how do i do this or is there a simpler way? josh i think you had a version months ago that was a simple shortcode that could go on the page…

@mark t hank yo u but your answer[TAXONOMY name=’listing’ count=’yes’ icon=’no’] didnt work for me. instead when i used it the page says “Invalid taxonomy”

thank you guys, mark;-)

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Unzip the file I provided above, and replace the file (located under framework >class) with have made some changes to the shortcode [CATEGORIES COUNT=”yes”] that will display your categories as the attached image above

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 1:43 pm

@josh. sorry i am unable to find this: (located under framework >class) to change the code. thanks, mark;-)

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 1:52 pm

You are not changing any code,I have already made the changes in the file I you have to do is replace your file with my file and add the shortcode [CATEGORIES COUNT=”yes”] in your page

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 1:53 pm

@josh. sorry i am unable to find this: (located under framework >class) to change the code. thanks, mark;-)

ok i cant find where to make the change you sent me josh. feeling like an underachiever here;-)

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 2:32 pm

The file is located in your Theme files (wp-content->themes->your theme).You have to access your Theme files via either ftp or cpanel >File Manager. >>;utm_expid=;utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%
    Or can send in a ticket with your cpanel login details I will do this for you

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 2:54 pm

@josh, i am going to make a ticket for it please and send to you with the admin and everything. it wil take me 10 mins. thank you, mark;-)

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 2:58 pm

@josh scratch that. i cant even figure out how to use the support ticket system. sorry for wasting your time. i feel like a complete idiot. mark

• Josh
    August 9, 2015 at 3:08 pm

You can open a ticket here >> or PM via skype at Josh Njenga

• mark
    mark
    August 9, 2015 at 3:11 pm

thanks for the link. i have it but it wants “Order Information Avangate Order ID:* i have no idea what that is. can just email you josh? thanks for your patience, mark;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)