My process

My process

July 10, 2013
Adrian Adrian
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

I wonder if anyone can see any flaws in my plan or suggest better processes.
    My directory on launch will have around 3000 basic listings on, all entered by admin. I will then write to each business inviting them to upgrade to silver or gold listing. To do so, they must first register an account, and then “claim their listing” which loads a contact form where they must use their registered email address.
    Once received, I can change the owner of that listing to them.
    One thing I have thought of is what can I put in to place to ensure the person who registers and claims the listing is actually from that business? There is nothing to stop a randomer registering and claiming 20 of the listings.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

July 10, 2013 at 9:45 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

It maybe a good idea to invite people to register for free (claim their listing) to see how they get on, then once you’ve gaged how popular it is start asking people to pay.

Asking for money off the bat doesn’t always work, especially with today’s economy issues.

July 11, 2013 at 5:33 am
  • Adrian
    Adrian
    Newbie 20 points

Very true however I haven’t even launched or started marketing my site yet and most listings on there have had a few hits… (though this could be search engine spiders?) So if I can cleverly word my inviting letter and also offer an introductory 50% off for the first year (prices are low anyway, would be £12.50 for silver after discount and £25 for gold), they will hopefully see that people are already visiting their listing and want to improve the appearance of this so will upgrade. Thats the idea anyway.

This is only a side project and out of 3000 listings, if i can get just 1% to pay for my silver upgrade then ive succeeded in making a couple of quid.

July 11, 2013 at 8:43 am
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team