My Location

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

My Location

June 17, 2019
James James
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 203 points

Under the user’s profile >> My Details there is no option for the user to add a City to their address, how can I fix this?

Thank you

June 17, 2019 at 4:36 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

Hello James,

I believe there should be a section for it already.
    When you click on My Details link you’ll see the My Details section and underneath that there should be another section called My Location . That section contains the address information (see image):
    06.17.2019-15.21.39

Any other type of user information you would like to add to a user account can be added under PremiumPress > CONFIGURATION > USER SETTINGS. At the bottom of the page you’ll see the Registration Fields section with an Add Field button.

June 17, 2019 at 9:27 pm
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 203 points

Thank you, but the problem is there is no section for the user to add their “City” in their address profile, the only option is City/State but they are only able to choose a state from the drop-down. There should be a section for the user to enter their city. Also When an auction closes with a sale, it does not show the seller the buyers city in the address section, so how is the seller supposed to know where to ship the item?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 18, 2019 at 11:59 am
  • James
    James
    Senior Member 203 points

For now, I just changed the text for Address Line 2 to City.

June 20, 2019 at 2:29 am
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,351 points

@James

Thank you, but the problem is there is no section for the user to add their “City” in their address profile, the only option is City/State but they are only able to choose a state from the drop-down.

Ok, I got you, thanks.
    You still can do what was previously mentioned and it will be displayed, however, there’s only a general area that those custom fields are displayed. They’re displayed under My Details section. May need to do some manual changes if you need to move things around.

… so how is the seller supposed to know where to ship the item?

PayPal accounts are tied to email addresses and will have that information emailed to them, so technically that’s all that’s needed.

Hope this helps.

June 20, 2019 at 4:06 am
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team