Mobile Menu Conflict

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Coupon Theme Mobile Menu Conflict

Mobile Menu Conflict

July 29, 2013
Stephen Stephen
  • Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 215 points

I’m using UberMenu in strict mode, and when I do I get duplicate mobile menus (the ubermenu and the CP menu). I’d like to disable the CP mobile navigation but still have it be responsive, perhaps using a {display: none; } but can’t find where to drop that in.

Can someone (ahem Mark) point me in the right direction please.

Thanks.

Stephen

July 29, 2013 at 3:09 pm

• Alena
    Newbie 2 points

Stephen, please check your e-mail starting with your name. I have some info for you.

July 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

Hi Stephen, It will probably be quicker adding a new menu hook in functions and setting it as default, the benefit is that it also does away with potential css conflicts when using ubermenu.

July 30, 2013 at 3:07 am
  • Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 215 points

Hmmmmm hadn’t thought about that. It just seems odd that there is no way in ubermenu to tell it don’t mobilize this menu. I mean you can put it in strict mode, but that takes away all the nice features you get using Uber. *sigh*

Thanks for the input Aaron. Oh BTW – the new responsive code base lets you get stars on the index page by making the front page a static page and then writing content for the article and using the [LISTINGS cat=” orderby=” order=” show=”] shortcode. Not an elegant solution, but it does get your index into the SERPs looking all nice and schema’d up. 😉

July 30, 2013 at 3:18 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 30, 2013 at 3:21 am
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points

Thanks for the heads up, looks like Taxonomy Meta may be a potential WordPress addition in the near future: http://make.wordpress.org/core/2013/07/28/potential-roadmap-for-taxonomy-meta-and-post-relationships/

This is WordPresses biggest downfall compared to the likes of Drupal. If I want a Taxonomy to behave like a Post Type, it should whilst retaining typical taxonomy sorting options.

Then you could even put comments on a store page without relying on hacking :)

July 30, 2013 at 3:25 am
  • Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 215 points

Yes I do tons of Joomla Coding and Design, similar situation to using Drupal.

July 30, 2013 at 3:29 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

that’s the problem iv found before, limitations in core make mean you have to apply hacks, then over time they add it and you then need to redo your work to comply with their new setup.

endless headaches.

July 30, 2013 at 3:29 am
  • Stephen
    Stephen
    Senior Member 215 points

Solved!!!

Look for this section in the header.php file …

/*** include mobile menu ***/
    $STRING .= $CORE->MENU_MOBILE(); */
    $STRING .= '</div>';
    $STRING .= '</div></nav> </div>';

Comment out …

/*** include mobile menu ***/
    /* $STRING .= $CORE->MENU_MOBILE(); */
    $STRING .= '</div>';
    $STRING .= '</div></nav> </div>';

Then setup your ubermenu as I have, shown in the attached screenshot.

You may also need to turn OFF the Display Close Button on iOS in the Basic Configuration section of ubermenu and it seems to not display correctly until you do. (See attached image)

Enjoy!

Stephen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 31, 2013 at 2:51 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for sharing

July 31, 2013 at 6:29 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team