Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Min Bid issue

• Rachel
    Newbie 3 points
    July 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I’m having some major issues with the bidding system of AuctionPress and need some help.

The Min.Bid value is wrong. If it shows 68 and you bid 68, you get an error saying “please enter a valid amount” and you can only bid from 69. This is very confusing. I’d like it to indicate the value that people can actually bid at.

How can this be done ?

Thanks a lot

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,878 points
    July 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

try updating the file attached, it goes in the folder;

template_auctionpress/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Rachel
    Newbie 3 points
    July 18, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Thank you. This works but could you tell me which lines of code you changed ? I’ve made modifications to that file and would like to keep them.

• Katalin
    Katalin
    Senior Member 119 points
    July 18, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Dear Rachel and Mark,

For this same reason of being confused by what “Min. Bid” was showing was logically not correct, I have made disabled showing the “Min. Bid.” value.

For more on this, see my post on “STRAIGHTFORWARD BIDDING – SOME ENHANCEMENT”.

It is a kind of funny that within a very short time the same issue comes up with others, too. :-) (The good thing for me is that it confirms that it is not me who have overlooked something when tried to understand the logic behind the amounts shown…)

Best wishes,
    Attila

PS: it is incredible how fast Mark gives feedbacks in comparison with other forums… :-)

• Katalin
    Katalin
    Senior Member 119 points
    July 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Dear All,

I have noticed another problem with Min. Bid.

Here is a test auction: http://euctions.eu/renault-fluence-2/

I set the Bid Incremental Value to 0.

Currently the highest bid is 1,210.10 EUR but it is not possible to bid 1,210,20, 1,210,30, … It is only possible to bid 1,211,10 EUR or more.

Could this be changed so that .10 EUR increments are allowed?

Kind regards,
    Attila

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)