Migration issues 8.9.6 to 9.1.5

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Migration issues 8.9.6 to 9.1.5

Migration issues 8.9.6 to 9.1.5

June 22, 2018
Mario Mario
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 95 points

I have made an exact duplicate of my website and downloaded and installed locally.

LAtest WordPress and latest PHP. I used the following article to install wordpress.

How to Install XAMPP and WordPress Locally on PC/Windows

Then I upgraded my premium press 8.96 to 9.1.5 and now I am getting the following error.

constant THEME_KEY – assumed ‘THEME_KEY’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\journey\wp-content\themes\DT9\framework\new_class\ppt.php on line 209

Warning: Use of undefined constant THEME_KEY – assumed ‘THEME_KEY’ (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\journey\wp-content\themes\DT9\framework\new_class\class_admin.php on line 318

Appreciate an help! Or if there is no upgrade path do you have an article on how to do the upgrade?

Thanks,

Thanks!

June 22, 2018 at 12:25 am
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 95 points

Forgot to mention… I can’t find anywhere to put the key in so it can be licensed. but the old DT 8.9.6 is working fine

June 22, 2018 at 1:03 am
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 95 points

More information to troubleshoot.

I can do a fresh install of WP install the 9.x theme and no issues, I can configure key.

I also disabled all plugins and no luck.

The way I installed the theme was the following:

1. Clean version of WORDPRESS
    2. Uploaded a backup of the the website,
    3. changed necessary places in wp-config to route to localhost.
    4. tested website was working properly locally
    5. installed latest dt 9.1.5 via Theme install process
    6. Activated Theme… Then those errors came up.
    Here is a screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 22, 2018 at 1:37 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,697 points

Hi Mario

We really dont want people updating just yet thus why there is no where to enter your key, Version 9 themes are very new, child themes are limited and at the moment we cannot handle the support from users migrating over.

As soon as version 9 themes are ready for migration, we will release an updater tool.

June 22, 2018 at 2:37 am
  • Stoly
    Stoly
    Senior Member 174 points

Hi Mark,

Should we keep an eye on the forums or where will the updater tool be uploaded to/announced?

June 22, 2018 at 11:40 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,697 points

Hi Stoly

I will send out an email to all existing customers.

June 23, 2018 at 1:37 am

• Finn
    Newbie 24 points

Can see I am not the only one who can not find a place to enter the key in 9.1.5 directory theme.

Mark, do you have an estimate on when we will be able to use 9.1.5 and migrate from version 8? The dashboard looks great.

All the best
    Finn

June 25, 2018 at 8:33 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,697 points

Hi Fin

Once all of the old themes have been redeveloped for Version 9 and the plugins have been completed I will start on a migration plugin, as its a new framework may elements are changing so it;s easier to migrate users over after everything has been fixed and is settled. Most likely ill be starting the plugin in Oct.

June 26, 2018 at 2:40 am
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 95 points

Hi Mark,

I am curious. I am Running 8.9.6 on a live site. I know you said that 8.9.7 is just to work with PHP 7 and no need to upgrade to 8.9.7 if we are not having issues.

With that said, Is it going to be necessary to upgrade to 8.9.7 to prepare for the 9.x upgrade release or will it be ok to stay on 8.9.6 and upgrade to 9.x? If so, where would I download DT 8.9.7 from because it’s no longer downloadable so I could prep for that upgrade. If Not, then I’ll just patiently wait for the new version. 😀

Looking forward to 9.x upgrade been playing with it on my development platform and it’s very nice! Great Job!!

Thank you so much for all your hard work!
    Mario

July 10, 2018 at 10:48 pm
  • Gary
    Gary
    Newbie 14 points

I would not upgrade yet if I had to do it all over again, the one site I upgraded has way to many quirks, categories do not show up, all categories must be set up as pages, plugins for themes will not install and the list goes on. Actually I have completely dropped this system on my high traffic site because of to many quirks. Hopefully they get things worked out or I will be switch all of my sites from this system as at present it is labor intensive now where before it was more plug and play.

July 17, 2018 at 7:59 pm
  • Mario
    Mario
    Senior Member 95 points

Hi @Mark

I noticed you are posting about the New Frameworks being updated. Does that mean it ready for deployment for new installations but there is no Upgrader yet from the 8.x and above?

Thanks

August 9, 2018 at 8:42 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,697 points

When the upgrade tool is ready you will be informed, currently its still in development.

August 9, 2018 at 9:40 pm
  • raju
    raju
    Newbie 10 points

waiting for upgrade tool.

October 7, 2018 at 6:15 am
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team