Menu

February 12, 2019
 Robert

• Robert
    Newbie 12 points

When I try to add the menu to the top of the page it causes pages to wrap the text below the menu. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong? Should I add the menu in a different way?

February 12, 2019 at 5:35 pm

• Robert
    Newbie 12 points

Here is an example. When I enable the menu, the block of text and images get shifted to the left. See attached. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 13, 2019 at 7:34 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,228 points

Hello Robert,
    A couple questions…
    1) Was the menu enabled via admin dash ( Appearance > Menus ) , via Elementor editor or within a template?
    2) Has there been any custom changes made to the header and/or page?
    3) Does this happen on all pages or only specific ones?
    4) Are you using the base DA theme? If not, which child theme?

February 14, 2019 at 12:48 am

• Robert
    Newbie 12 points

HI, The menu was set via admin dash. No changes to the header or page. It happens on all pages.
    Based on your question I did figure out how to enable the menu through elementor. I added a spacer on the home page template and it worked. Now all the subsequent pages still have the same issue. I tried to edit the chatroom page with elementor so I could add a spacer but it says “sorry the content area was not found on this page. Obviously being a newbie to this product I am sure I am missing something. I did view the videos but did not see menu info. Do I need to create a template for every page? Sorry, I’m a little lost here.

February 14, 2019 at 4:40 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,228 points

Hi Robert,
    Don’t feel bad, a lot of us here are still a bit lost with the new version changes.

Do I need to create a template for every page?

The admin method should work across the site and you shouldn’t have to mess with templates (that I’m aware of).

Have you made any CSS changes?

Try removing a couple items from the menu and see if the problem is due to the menu width/length.
    Also, by chance do you have a link you can post with the error?

February 14, 2019 at 8:49 pm

• Robert
    Newbie 12 points

Hi, Once I set the menu, it works fine for each page accept, Chatroom, search and favorites. Not sure what is different with these. Any ideas? See attached screenshot.

I am working local so no access to the site yet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 14, 2019 at 9:30 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,228 points

Hi Robert
    Have you tried removing a couple menu items to see if the problem stems from the width?

Note: If this is the problem then you can just rename some items and/or create sub-menus.

February 15, 2019 at 2:26 am

• Robert
    Newbie 12 points

JamesD, you were right. Once I dropped one item off the menu all works correctly. Again, thank you for the help.

February 15, 2019 at 5:13 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,228 points

You’re welcome.

February 15, 2019 at 8:00 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks James

February 16, 2019 at 2:53 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team