Member manually unpublish (or disable) property listing – can this be done?

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points
    July 15, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Hi,

Im using the RT estate theme and was wondering how members unpublish or disable a listing from the site once it has been sold so it’s no longer accessible, without waiting for it to expire. Is it possible?

From what I have seen a member can only delete or edit a listing. It would be if a user can “unpublish” or “edit this listing”

Regards

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 15, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Hello ck1066,
    Currently users can only delete.Only admin can set a listing status to draft

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points
    July 19, 2016 at 11:54 am

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

A user/member must have the ability to unpublish a listing once the property has been sold/rented without having to delete the property listing every time it needs re-advertising.

Your solution suggests that every time a property is sold or rented, the member must raise a tick to have the property unpublished by someone with admin privileges. This could result in hundreds of requests a day when it would be much easier for the user to login to their dashboard and simply change the status of the listing to unpublish, sold, rented or something similar.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 19, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Hello ck1066,
    The feature is not available in the theme hence customization will be required.Or you can create a custom field (Listing Setup >Custom Fields) then for example name it ‘Status’ then add the options sold and rented.This way when an item is rented or sold a user can click on the ‘Edit this Listing’ button and select an option from the ‘Status’ custom field

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points
    July 20, 2016 at 8:51 am

I have tried your suggestion. The problem is that this newly created custom field has no impact on whether the listing is displayed or not. This also has to be a hidden field so its not displayed on the listing page.

is it possible to link this custom field to the wp_post field in wp_posts database table, as this is the field which dictates whether a listing is published or not.

If this can be done how do I reference that table name and field, is it wp_posts.post_status, or just post_status?

Regards.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    July 20, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Hello ck1066,
    Customization is required.Please post here >>www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

• ck1066
    Newbie 4 points
    February 23, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Hi Josh,

I note version 9 of the RT theme is due for release shortly. Can you confirm whether users/agents are now able to publish/unpublish a listing without having to delete the entire listing?

I think this is a major requirement which for some reason has not been considered.

If I have 20 agents, each with 40 listings. Each time a listing is sold or rented they would have to raise a support ticket for the site owner to unpublish the listing. That’s just not workable.

One solution I can see is to change the “delete listing” in the users dashboard to “Publish/Unpublish”, or similar. Is this possible?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes