Member Login

• Richard
    Richard
    Super Guru 968 points
    September 12, 2015 at 4:03 am

Hi,

It seems that when Members (set as authors) try to login, they are told ‘wrong password’ when if fact, its correct?

Any pointers would be welcomed 😉

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 12, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Hello Richard,
    Premiumpress uses ‘New User Default Role’ as ‘Subscriber’ hence using Author will not work

• Richard
    Richard
    Super Guru 968 points
    September 12, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Hi Josh,

So in order for users to be able to login, I have to set their account to ‘Subscriber’ right?

• Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points
    October 22, 2015 at 5:53 am

Hi Josh, Richard – I have assigned users to “Author” and they can log in just fine. But if I assign an author to a post (so they can edit it), I get “Oops! You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” 🙁

• Richard
    Richard
    Super Guru 968 points
    October 22, 2015 at 6:30 am

Hi,

Make sure you have not assigned Admin as a subscriber 😉

Users should be set as ‘subscribers’

HTH

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 22, 2015 at 1:04 pm

@Jesse Premiumpress uses the role ‘subscriber’ for users.Changing the role will prevent users from editing Listings

• Richard
    Richard
    Super Guru 968 points
    October 22, 2015 at 1:55 pm

@Josh,

So set to ‘subscriber’ users cannot mod/edit their listings?

• Jesse
    Jesse
    Newbie 90 points
    October 25, 2015 at 7:34 am

Hi @Richard,

I’m just looking at your posts and I’m no guru, but if I were to answer your questions in bold:

1) It seems that when Members (set as authors) try to login, they are told ‘wrong password’ when if fact, its correct? Are these set as authors from Settings > General > Membership? If so, my understanding is that PP Themes will not work properly unless new users are set to Subscriber.

2) So in order for users to be able to login, I have to set their account to ‘Subscriber’ right? Correct.

3) Users should be set as ‘subscribers’ Correct.

4) So set to ‘subscriber’ users cannot mod/edit their listings? Out-of-the-box, subscribers *should* be able to create/edit their listings unless I’m missing something here…?

Again, I’m no guru and don’t speak for PP so if someone else wants to correct me please do..!

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    October 25, 2015 at 11:53 am

Jesse is correct.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes