JANUARY SALE: Directory Theme Now Only $49 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

MARK FAIL, please help!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    September 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Hey Mark, hey guys…

sorry for posting so many similar posts but I have a big problem with updating my RCT 6.3 to the latest version. I read this posts (http://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/automatic-update-classified-theme/) but I´m not shure if I get it right. I´m using RCT 6.3 and WP 4.0 with a modificated version of the child theme TECH FLOW.

It sounds to me that I have to setup my website totally new with all email settings, listing- and design settings, etc., because I have to reinstall main theme and child theme… so all settings are gone???! Do I get this right or does WP keep all the settings, when I´m installing the new theme. Like I wrote in other posts – I´ve a lot of users and visitors and I guess there are other users of RTC with heaps of website users, so I can´t be the way to set up a totally new page with all settings etc.

Please help Mark!!!

Cheers!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    Newbie 78 points
    September 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

one more thing: what about all the translations after reinstalling the theme?? all gone???

Would really looking forward to hearing from u soon… Cheers

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    September 15, 2014 at 11:30 pm

If you are using a Child theme and have made all your modifications to it (e.g. CSS etc), you can simply reinstall your Main theme (e.g. Classifieds Theme) and WordPress will retain all your settings.

This is exactly why Child themes are used.

HTH :)

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,811 points
    January 9, 2020 at 2:04 am

Thanks for sharing Clive :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)