Lars

MARK FAIL, please help!!!

Hey Mark, hey guys... sorry for posting so many similar posts but I have a big problem with updating my RCT 6.3 to the latest version. I read this posts (https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/automatic-update-classified-theme/) but I´m not shure if I get it right. I´m using RCT 6.3 and WP 4.0 with a modificated version of the child theme TECH FLOW. It sounds to me that I have to setup my website totally new with all email settings, listing- and design settings, etc., because I have to reinstall main theme and child theme... so all settings are gone???! Do I get this right or does WP keep all the settings, when I´m installing the new theme. Like I wrote in other posts - I´ve a lot of users and visitors and I guess there are other users of RTC with heaps of website users, so I can´t be the way to set up a totally new page with all settings etc. Please help Mark!!! Cheers!!!

Created: September 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm
  • In: Classifieds Theme
  • Started by: LarsLars
  • 3 members left 3 comments
  • Last reply from: MarieMarie

• Lars
    Lars
    September 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

one more thing: what about all the translations after reinstalling the theme?? all gone???

Would really looking forward to hearing from u soon… Cheers

• Clive
    Clive
    September 15, 2014 at 11:30 pm

If you are using a Child theme and have made all your modifications to it ( CSS etc), you can simply reinstall your Main theme ( Classifieds Theme) and WordPress will retain all your settings.

This is exactly why Child themes are used.

HTH 🙂

• Marie
    Marie
    January 9, 2020 at 2:04 am

Thanks for sharing Clive 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)