WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Responsive Themes › Directory Theme › Map on search results
How do I change the default map view on the search results page? – it currently shows a map of the world, I want it to be focussed on the UK.
Also, how do I set the site up to be UK only? No submissions from outside of the UK etc.
admin -> general setup -> submission options, you can set the zoom there.
It doesn’t matter what value I put in, it still shows the world view. Do I need to set long and lat values as well in that section?
oh sorry i just noticed the search result page, ill add an option in the next update, since listing could be all over the world i left it on world view.
I have 2 questions …
– has the “option” been added because I can’t find way to set it to my local region
– where is the setting to switch the “map option” on or off on the search results
there isn’t an option to turn it off unless you disable the map option altogether.
the map view options are under the general setup -> submission tab.
Thanks, I understand the “switching off” procedure now.
What I don’t get is this …
– under the general setup -> submission tab … I have now entered/tried -33.924868500000000000,18.424055299999963000 and also 33.9253° S, 18.4239° E (for Cape Town, South Africa) but still when the map-button is clicked it shows me the top-half of the map (see screenshot)
What am I doing wrong.
oh, since the listings could be worldwide i left the worldview as the default zoom level.
i guess i could add more options into 4.7 for you
1) Yes, having control over which “patch” of maps and zoom level loads will help a lot. In my case I could then set it up to load and zoom to fill the map with South Africa (While others can set it up to zoom/fill the specific city their directory is for, etc.)
2) So now … what ARE those zoom/lat/long settings in my screen-shot for then?
EDIT: OK, I see the zoom effects the map zoom-level when the listing is created … but what is the lat/long setting for … ?
sets the default display location, if none are entered its defaulted to 0,0 which is the center of the world.
Mark won’t you please use my data above (post #13689) and test because it doesn’t work like it should for me.
Here’s what happens for me :
I am using V.4.5.
– under the General Settings -> Submission Settings tab I input zoom & lat/long as in my example (screen shots)
1- the zoom-setting sets the zoom on the LISTING FORM when I create a new listing … it does nothing on the search results-map (where it is supposed to impact)
2- the lat/long setting has no effect/impact anywhere. NOT on the search-results map, and NOT on the Listing Form (the lat/long on the listing form is derived from what the user inputs in the “Your Location” field.)
As per my screenshot you can see that I don’t get the “centre of the world” view either … I get the upper-half. It’s almost as if it defaults to YOUR location … UK in map centre … and with NO zoom effect.
Please correct me if/where I am wrong (anybody)
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team