Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Map on search results

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm

How do I change the default map view on the search results page? – it currently shows a map of the world, I want it to be focussed on the UK.

Also, how do I set the site up to be UK only? No submissions from outside of the UK etc.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 29, 2013 at 2:53 am

Jo

admin -> general setup -> submission options, you can set the zoom there.

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 29, 2013 at 9:03 am

It doesn’t matter what value I put in, it still shows the world view. Do I need to set long and lat values as well in that section?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    July 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm

oh sorry i just noticed the search result page, ill add an option in the next update, since listing could be all over the world i left it on world view.

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    September 1, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I have 2 questions …
    – has the “option” been added because I can’t find way to set it to my local region
    – where is the setting to switch the “map option” on or off on the search results

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    September 4, 2013 at 4:46 am

there isn’t an option to turn it off unless you disable the map option altogether.

the map view options are under the general setup -> submission tab.

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    September 4, 2013 at 9:00 am

Thanks, I understand the “switching off” procedure now.

What I don’t get is this …
    – under the general setup -> submission tab … I have now entered/tried -33.924868500000000000,18.424055299999963000 and also 33.9253° S, 18.4239° E (for Cape Town, South Africa) but still when the map-button is clicked it shows me the top-half of the map (see screenshot)

What am I doing wrong.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    September 4, 2013 at 9:16 am

oh, since the listings could be worldwide i left the worldview as the default zoom level.

i guess i could add more options into 4.7 for you

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    September 4, 2013 at 9:23 am

1) Yes, having control over which “patch” of maps and zoom level loads will help a lot. In my case I could then set it up to load and zoom to fill the map with South Africa (While others can set it up to zoom/fill the specific city their directory is for, etc.)

2) So now … what ARE those zoom/lat/long settings in my screen-shot for then?

EDIT: OK, I see the zoom effects the map zoom-level when the listing is created … but what is the lat/long setting for … ?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,819 points
    September 5, 2013 at 2:36 am

sets the default display location, if none are entered its defaulted to 0,0 which is the center of the world.

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    September 5, 2013 at 7:37 am

Mark won’t you please use my data above (post #13689) and test because it doesn’t work like it should for me.

Here’s what happens for me :
    I am using V.4.5.
    – under the General Settings -> Submission Settings tab I input zoom & lat/long as in my example (screen shots)
    1- the zoom-setting sets the zoom on the LISTING FORM when I create a new listing … it does nothing on the search results-map (where it is supposed to impact)
    2- the lat/long setting has no effect/impact anywhere. NOT on the search-results map, and NOT on the Listing Form (the lat/long on the listing form is derived from what the user inputs in the “Your Location” field.)

As per my screenshot you can see that I don’t get the “centre of the world” view either … I get the upper-half. It’s almost as if it defaults to YOUR location … UK in map centre … and with NO zoom effect.

Please correct me if/where I am wrong (anybody)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)