Cynthia

Lose Content with Child Theme and Page Builder Problems

Hello, When I switch child themes I lose all the content that I have put on my home page and any customization made. I thought content would be saved? Had the home page just as I wanted it to be in one child theme, then decided to see what a different child theme would look like and lost everything. When I went back to the old child theme, the content wasn't there either. I had to start all over again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Also, trying to install Page Builder, but I get the following message when I click on the Install button. I get this message every time I try. AnUnexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request.‚Äč " Thank you.

Created: June 21, 2017 at 4:26 pm
  • In: Dating Theme
  • Started by: Cynthia
  • 3 members left 3 comments
  • Last reply from: Cynthia

• Adnan
    Adnan
    June 22, 2017 at 8:13 am

After you made your customizations you need to build your child theme using “Design Setup -> Create Child theme” this will write all your changes into of your child theme. When you switch between themes your customizations should remain.

• Josh
    June 22, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Hello Cynthia,
    Child themes are meant to change look of your site to look same as the child theme hence changes/edits you make to parent theme will not be transfered to the child can install the child theme then use the page builder to create own homepage.
    Please download the Page Builder here >>

• Cynthia
    June 22, 2017 at 2:52 pm

But I’m not talking about making my own child theme.

And I”m not talking about customizations to the child theme.

I’m talking about simply putting in my content. The content that I put on my home page. The WORDS. The words that go in each of the blocks. Main Banner Block. Text Areas. None of this is saved? Are you saying after I insert my words, I have to make a new child theme? That doesn’t make sense.

And I didn’t make the changes in the parent them. They were made in the child theme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)