Login & Reg Page Now Separate – Auction Theme

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 334 points
    September 19, 2016 at 8:45 pm

After recent upgrade to latest version our registration and login pages are now separate when they were both on the same page after logout or when user clicked on my account. Any thoughts here? See screen shot….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,109 points
    September 20, 2016 at 8:35 am

Hi Anthony,

That is how it is designed now. You must click on Register Now button to register.

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 334 points
    September 20, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Really? So to be clear..the new page layout no longer offers a login on left and register on right? If so why the change?

It looks like an empty page now with wasted white space. Can we assign widgets or something on each side of it? Very disappointing do not like that move at all. Looks empty!

Confirm options? :–)

• mark
    mark
    Senior Member 141 points
    September 21, 2016 at 3:44 am

well thank you Anthony, now look what you done did; now it seems like i will have to go refresh and change some of the Q&A in the FAQ page on the site to reflect the changes or should i wait and see if you’re going to change other things around b4 i do so: i guess eventually you will get the login page on our site looking fancy like the login members area over here

Don’t get nervous or pay me any mind Anthony, i know you did not change nothing around, figure i was the only one seeing the look and feel of an empty page so i made an appointment with the eye doctor to be certain, now i will have to go change that too; thanks again 🙂

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 334 points
    September 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Okay? I think you are joking here right? lol ….Seriously…Still hoping to hear back from you Alex on if this can be fixed or replaced.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Hello Anthony,
    The new theme version has a new design for the Login/Register page.You will have to revert to old theme version to get old display.You can revert from a backup

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 334 points
    September 21, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Which php files do we need to replace from back-up if that is our only recourse…

so you mean the image attached, all that white blank real-estate is wasted now? No way to add widgets or noting on left and right? Or to select a default layout like the home pages, etc?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,109 points
    September 22, 2016 at 8:11 am

hi Anthony,

1. that form is generated from file: page-login.php
    2. Yes that is how it is designed for the new theme version. There’s no option to add widgets on that section for now.

• Anthony
    Anthony
    Senior Member 334 points
    September 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Bummer. Okay thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes