Listing Submission Edit

• Tim
    Tim
    Newbie 8 points
    March 12, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Hello, if I want to add more than one additional listing question it groups them all together under one heading. Is there a way to have a separate heading. So instead of all my questions being under number 4, have a number 5,6,7 etc.

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 13, 2015 at 3:17 am

hi tim,

you mean when adding a Custom field for the add listing page?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 13, 2015 at 6:25 am

Hello Tim
    Yes its possible but you will need some customization.The file to edit is tpl-add.php

• Tim
    Tim
    Newbie 8 points
    March 15, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Thank you Josh, is this customization I could pay you to do?

• Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 16, 2015 at 12:20 am

Josh likes money, so I imagine so 😉

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 16, 2015 at 2:59 am

@ Tim I don’t think you need customization, watch this Video first, it might help, I dont think they understood your question, Tim. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO5jmcUdlUw

Go to Theme Options > Listing Set up > Custom fields Tab > Press the edit button of any field you have created, or create a new field for the point of having a look at what you can do.

See this screen shot attached image, of how to separate your question fields with a nice title or even a blank space. The Video also explains this part of what you need to do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Tim
    Tim
    Newbie 8 points
    March 16, 2015 at 5:33 am

Liz, you are awesome. Both of your posts on my last two support posts were spot on! Thank you so much.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 16, 2015 at 7:08 am

Thanks for sharing Liz 🙂

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 16, 2015 at 7:58 am

making the effort to understanding the original question asked is the key! then responding with out assuming the poster knows code or jargon! also giving one liners or making a comment as answers are often more of a hindrance than help, because others just assume the question has been answered adequately as it has more than one voice!

Not rocket science, however I am a woman which I guess makes a difference!! LOL

Any time I know the answer that’s how you’ll get it !
    😉

PS: @ Tim For god sake change that ugly pink background to a white background on your website home & content pages the pink is really ugly with the Red! 😯 Liz xxx

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 16, 2015 at 8:27 am

Point noted.Learning something new everyday about the themes thanks to great members like you.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 16, 2015 at 9:05 am

Josh you are the brilliant person to learn from I think you have had a lot more experience than a lot of us 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Tim
    Tim
    Newbie 8 points
    March 16, 2015 at 9:52 am

Liz, i changed the pink 🙂
    Any other style advice would be welcome. I have no taste when it comes to these things. PepperHead guy stays though!! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes