Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Listing renewal

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 31, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I’m a bit confused by the recurring Paypal payment and the listing expiry, hopefully someone can shed some light.

I set up a 1 day listing package and posted a test listing yesterday (30th). The automatic payment notification came through from Paypal today to say the second payment had been taken but when I look in my listing manager the expiry date on the listing hasn’t changed (still set to 31st). Shouldn’t this automatically update to correspond with the payment?

The listing is still live regardless.

I’m going to stop the payment from within Paypal and check that the listing actually expires tomorrow when payment isn’t taken. I can’t see how this will work though given all of the above.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, when the second payment was taken I got another default WP email with my username and password – does it generate a new user password each time a listing payment is taken or is it just a confirmation?

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 31, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Sorry, looking at it again it appears the reason it’s sent me a new user email is because the Paypal email address and the email address I used to register the listing are different.

It looks like it’s created a brand new user account based on the email address of the Paypal payment but the listing isn’t assigned to that new user.

Is this why the listing expiry date hasn’t updated? Because it doesn’t know that it’s been paid for again? But why is the listing still live in that case?

This could be a bit of an issue if people have a different email address for their Paypal accounts.

• Jo
    Jo
    Newbie 64 points
    July 31, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Sorry (again!). I’ve just logged back into the listing manager and the status of my test listing has changed to draft so it seems the expiry is working as it should afterall.

Still a concern though if the registration/Paypal email addresses are different.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,878 points
    August 1, 2013 at 12:43 am

lol Jo..

Ill see what i can do about the email setup.

• Terrell
    Terrell
    Senior Member 152 points
    February 12, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I’m having issues with automatic renewals as well.
    Looking at this thread it’s leading me to believe that the registration and PayPal email addresses have to match for accounts to auto-renew correctly?
    Is that right? Ack!

If so – I need some additional language in the site to let users know what’s going on.

I’m getting a lot of confused clients because auto-renewal is not happening correctly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)