an
groups-icon

Listing Packages Setup – Is This Outline Possible?

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Adam Warner
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi Mark,

I know there’s been a bit of feedback going around in regards to Listing Packages, Memberships, Enhancements, and Custom Fields.

I’ve been doing some planning and brainstorming and am showing my example setup below with Listing Packages for my specific use-case. I do include some questions below and also some feature requests, and am doing so because they are directly related to how I would like to setup my Listing Packages.

I hope this outline gives others some ideas, and I hope you’re able to answer the questions included as “yes, that’s correct”, “move this to idea board” (which I am happy to do), or “not possible at this time”. Or something like that.

Again the goal is to try and bring some clarity to the seeming confusion surrounding Listing Packages and their related items and what’s possible now.

p.s. I have not included Membership setup at this time, although I would like to offer that eventually to allow users to create “multiple listings” as that seems that’s what the Membership Packages are for.

OK, here we go:

****Listing Packages****
    Free:
    Price: $0.00
    Listing Settings Includes: 1 category, 0 file uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook

Personal: $9.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 2 categories, 1 file upload (are these only images btw?) – thinking headshot or logo
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, Website Link

Freelancer: $14.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 3 categories, 3 file uploads (are these only images btw?) – thinking about portfolio image uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, Website Link

Business: $29.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 6 categories, 6 file uploads (are these only images btw?) – thinking about portfolio image uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Website Link

****Listing Enhancements Thoughts****
    They currently apply and are available to ALL listing packages. Would be optimal to assign optional enhancements “per listing package” with $0 cost that are automatically ticked for user based on associated Listing Package.

Use case:
    Free ($0.00) – Has no enhancements available to choose from.

Personal ($9.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map included in package i.e. available to tick at $0.00 cost. Would even be preferable if they were just automatically ticked when user chooses that package.

Freelancer ($14.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map AND Highlighted Listing included (automatically ticked at $0.00)

Business ($19.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map AND Highlighted Listing, Front Page Exposure, Top of Category Results included (automatically ticked at $0.00)

Other Outstanding Questions:
    Possible to set individual Listing Packages as Recurring (as opposed to forcing user to renew every 30 days)?

Better yet, can we offer the user the “option” to choose “30 days” or “recurring” when purchasing a package?

When viewing listing package details as a user, even if $0.00, wording still says “when payment is made”. Where can this be changed? In child theme template file?

Map Location needs to be address-based. It’s not intuitive to make a user click and zoom to their location. Also not helpful if user needs directions to physical location. They can only get to the city currently.

Need to brainstorm uses for other custom fields too. Examples for each in documentation would be helpful.

July 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm
  • Mike Remer
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    July 19, 2013 at 9:23 pm
  • Adam Warner
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 12:12 am
  • Adam Warner
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 12:23 am
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 1:37 am
  • Rob Hopster
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 8:20 am
  • Adam Warner
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 10:49 am
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 12:48 pm
  • Adam Warner
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    July 21, 2013 at 5:45 am

Views

Replies