Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Listing Packages Setup – Is This Outline Possible?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Hi Mark,

I know there’s been a bit of feedback going around in regards to Listing Packages, Memberships, Enhancements, and Custom Fields.

I’ve been doing some planning and brainstorming and am showing my example setup below with Listing Packages for my specific use-case. I do include some questions below and also some feature requests, and am doing so because they are directly related to how I would like to setup my Listing Packages.

I hope this outline gives others some ideas, and I hope you’re able to answer the questions included as “yes, that’s correct”, “move this to idea board” (which I am happy to do), or “not possible at this time”. Or something like that.

Again the goal is to try and bring some clarity to the seeming confusion surrounding Listing Packages and their related items and what’s possible now.

p.s. I have not included Membership setup at this time, although I would like to offer that eventually to allow users to create “multiple listings” as that seems that’s what the Membership Packages are for.

OK, here we go:

****Listing Packages****
    Free:
    Price: $0.00
    Listing Settings Includes: 1 category, 0 file uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook

Personal: $9.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 2 categories, 1 file upload (are these only images btw?) – thinking headshot or logo
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, Website Link

Freelancer: $14.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 3 categories, 3 file uploads (are these only images btw?) – thinking about portfolio image uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, Website Link

Business: $29.99
    Listing Settings Includes: 6 categories, 6 file uploads (are these only images btw?) – thinking about portfolio image uploads.
    Custom Fields: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Website Link

****Listing Enhancements Thoughts****
    They currently apply and are available to ALL listing packages. Would be optimal to assign optional enhancements “per listing package” with $0 cost that are automatically ticked for user based on associated Listing Package.

Use case:
    Free ($0.00) – Has no enhancements available to choose from.

Personal ($9.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map included in package i.e. available to tick at $0.00 cost. Would even be preferable if they were just automatically ticked when user chooses that package.

Freelancer ($14.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map AND Highlighted Listing included (automatically ticked at $0.00)

Business ($19.99) – HTML, Visitor Counter, and Google Map AND Highlighted Listing, Front Page Exposure, Top of Category Results included (automatically ticked at $0.00)

Other Outstanding Questions:
    Possible to set individual Listing Packages as Recurring (as opposed to forcing user to renew every 30 days)?

Better yet, can we offer the user the “option” to choose “30 days” or “recurring” when purchasing a package?

When viewing listing package details as a user, even if $0.00, wording still says “when payment is made”. Where can this be changed? In child theme template file?

Map Location needs to be address-based. It’s not intuitive to make a user click and zoom to their location. Also not helpful if user needs directions to physical location. They can only get to the city currently.

Need to brainstorm uses for other custom fields too. Examples for each in documentation would be helpful.

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 130 points
    July 19, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Mark,
    Would be great if you could reply with some guidance here as this is a pretty typical case for a business directory setup and quite close to the result we are seeking.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Hi Mike,

I’m sure Mark will jump in and help us out. It’s pretty safe to assume he’s got his hands full at the moment;)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 20, 2013 at 12:12 am

Hi Adam

Everything above seems feasible and assigning media slots (image uploads) and custom fields to listing packages is already possible, so your listing setup is fine.

The confusion arises when you look at the listing enhancement options which ill work on for tonight’s update and hopefully make things easier to understand.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 20, 2013 at 12:23 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, however, can you please clarify your statement:

Everything above seems feasible

Do you mean to say that the items under my “Other Outstanding Questions” heading will be considered at least?

I’ll move forward with my outline setup and wait for the update to see what else is possible in regards to zero cost, recurring vs set # of days, and enhancements attaching to individual packages (with checkbox auto ticked) <—fingers crossed

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 20, 2013 at 1:37 am

Hi Adam

Possible to set individual Listing Packages as Recurring (as opposed to forcing user to renew every 30 days)?

Better yet, can we offer the user the “option” to choose “30 days” or “recurring” when purchasing a package?

When viewing listing package details as a user, even if $0.00, wording still says “when payment is made”. Where can this be changed? In child theme template file?

Map Location needs to be address-based. It’s not intuitive to make a user click and zoom to their location. Also not helpful if user needs directions to physical location. They can only get to the city currently.

Need to brainstorm uses for other custom fields too. Examples for each in documentation would be helpful.

1. Recurring payments depend on your payment gateway, so its limited and causes alot of confusion. It can be enabled already when enabling paypal and thus all purchases will be made as a subscription. Not sure why you would give users a choice since 99% would then opt out. (why pay for a recurring subscription if you dont have too?)

2. packages of $0.00 has already been updated/changed and will be in 3.6

3.Map location has already been updated/changed and will be in 3.6

• Rob
    Rob
    Newbie 17 points
    July 20, 2013 at 8:20 am

That would be great!

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 20, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hi Mark,

1. Recurring payments depend on your payment gateway, so its limited and causes alot of confusion. It can be enabled already when enabling paypal and thus all purchases will be made as a subscription. Not sure why you would give users a choice since 99% would then opt out. (why pay for a recurring subscription if you dont have too?)

Ok, this was lack of experience on my part. I didn’t realize you could set recurring when choosing the PayPal Standard gateway. Although, Standard is the only one I see and when choosing recurring with this, it says “where possible”. I’m not sure what “where possible” means in relation to using PayPal Standard.

Recurring is what I want, but now I’m wondering if I need to use a PayPal Pro gateway to ensure recurring. I’ll do some more searching in here in regards to available gateways.

2. packages of $0.00 has already been updated/changed and will be in 3.6

Very cool Mark, looking forward to putting these and other updates into action. THANK YOU.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 20, 2013 at 12:48 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    July 20, 2013 at 3:15 pm

THAT looks awesome and does help a lot, thank you. I am anxious to put 3.6 in place.

NICE WORK Mark!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,821 points
    July 21, 2013 at 5:45 am

:)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)