Sunny

Listing package for 7 days still allows for longer listing?

I have a listing package set for 7 days in the Listing Expiry Options. However, when I add a new listing, I can select up to 30 days for the auction (See screenshot). Why isn't the 7 day limit working?

Created: August 27, 2015 at 8:16 am
  • In: Auction Theme
  • Started by: SunnySunny
  • 3 members left 7 comments
  • Last reply from: CliveClive

• Josh
    August 27, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Hello Sunny,
    There is a difference between Listing Package expiry date and Auction can disable ‘Auction Length’ under Layout Setup >Auction Settings >Auction Listing Settings turn OFF ‘Auction Length Option’

• Sunny
    Sunny
    August 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Hi Josh,
    Thank you for explaining that to me.
    I have turned the ‘Auction Length Option’ to OFF and now the drop-down box for the Auction Length does not appear on the listing.

However, this brings up the question how do I set up auctions for different lengths of time other than that set in the Listing Package? For example, if I had just one Listing Package for 7 days listing and the seller wants to set it for something less than 7 days, say 3 or 5 days, then there is no way of doing this?

I was under the impression that this could be done by the drop-down box for Auction Length, which would be able to know the maximum number of days set by the Listing Package and show the number of days options accordingly.

• Josh
    August 27, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Turn ON ‘Auction Length Option’ if you want users to select how long the auction should last

• Sunny
    Sunny
    August 27, 2015 at 3:18 pm

But if I turn it on again then users can select up to 30 days for the auction duration.

So what will happen if the Listing expiry is 7 days and the user chooses 30 days for the auction length?

• Josh
    August 27, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Auction will be discontinued if Listing Package expiry date has reached

• Sunny
    Sunny
    August 27, 2015 at 5:16 pm

If that is the case then setting the Auction duration is useless and misleading to the seller.
    It would be disastrous to have the auction discontinued if there were outstanding bids on the item!

Thanks again for the clarification.

• Clive
    Clive
    August 27, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Josh is on fire today 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)