Listing Expiry Options

• Phil
    Phil
    Senior Member 107 points
    August 23, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Hi Mark,

I’m sorry if this is dealt with somewhere else, but I wasn’t able to find the info and I’m a little confused…

With the new Listing Expiry Options in the Directory Theme (thanks for adding that by the way) – what are the practical implications for the listing features when the listing is moved to a lower listing package?

For instance, if a “Gold” listing allows 3 image uploads and a Basic listing only 1, and the Gold listing is moved to the Basic package on expiry, are two images removed? And if so, in which order are they removed? And whatever the answer, does the same apply to multiple categories?

And then, is it possible at any stage to reinstate the “demoted” listing by editing it and making payment, or will it then just remain a “Basic” listing and one would have to submit a new listing? If it CAN be reinstated, are the removed/restricted features also automatically reinstated?

I know what I’m asking is a mouthful, so you might want to read through my question a couple of times… 😉

Cheers,
    Phil

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Newbie 14 points
    September 4, 2013 at 7:16 am

Good question!
    I would like to know the answer to that too.
    If it does’t it would be a good feature anyhow!

Cheers, MatP.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 4, 2013 at 8:36 am

hi

if they paid for gold and downgraded to basic, their images are still attached as the listing is kept the same until they update. Once they update they will be unable to add more and only remove existing ones.

• Phil
    Phil
    Senior Member 107 points
    January 6, 2014 at 8:34 am

Mark, sorry, thanks for your reply. I forgot to tick the checkbox to be notified of replies so only saw yours now

😯

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes