Listing Author

Listing Author

July 28, 2013
Magreth Magreth
  • Magreth
    Magreth
    Newbie 5 points

Hi All,

I know I read something about this somewhere, but since rebooting my computer yesterday I lost the post, (and seem to have lost the ability of typing into the search box to retrieve it)

My problem is with DP, I have set my site up with so that Listings need to be approved by me before they show up on the site. I have set up the site that when a person registers and places a listing they are “subscribers”.

When I approve the listing, it seems that I get the listing accredited to my profile as admin.

Could someone please tell me, how do I re-assign the user role to the person that set up/owns the listing.

July 28, 2013 at 1:08 am
  • yosef
    yosef
    Newbie 92 points

“When I approve the listing, it seems that I get the listing accredited to my profile as admin.”
    this is strange but to change this you have to change that user as administrator and then go to that listing and click “edit” and at the bottom of the post you can change the Author because from admin Author you can only change to another admin , after that go and change that user to subscriber .

Hope this Helps !

July 28, 2013 at 2:16 am
  • Magreth
    Magreth
    Newbie 5 points

Hi Yosef… thank you for your answer, I have tried to change the user to the Role of Administrator. But every time I do that, it reverts back to Subscriber? Is there a work around for that?

Thanks
    Magreth

July 28, 2013 at 2:54 am
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points

Would love to know if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

July 28, 2013 at 4:15 am
  • Magreth
    Magreth
    Newbie 5 points

Sorry, I just checked with the problem of assigning the administrator role to Subscriber, it seems that the password field was creating the problem!

Which has fixed both problems! Thank you very much for your help!

July 28, 2013 at 4:26 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks for sharing Magreth

July 28, 2013 at 5:04 am
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team