Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Jobboard Templates

• Michelle
    Newbie 8 points
    May 7, 2019 at 9:50 am

I have copied jobboard templates to the child theme(which by the way I love). I would like to make changes, but when I do that and rename it. All parent templates don’t display anymore. Is there a correct way to do this?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 7, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Hello Michelle,
    There’s a plugin that may help:

Theme Update

• Michelle
    Newbie 8 points
    May 13, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Hello, JamesD.

I am using the green child theme for the jobboard theme. If I copy a parent theme template to the child theme and rename it. The parent theme templates I still use don’t display on the front-end of the website. The page is empty.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 13, 2019 at 10:46 pm

@Michelle
    Most files cannot be copied over and work as-is. Additional manual changes may be needed.
    Which template did you copy over?

• Michelle
    Newbie 8 points
    May 16, 2019 at 9:45 am

The member template. I wanted to upload some image of the previous theme before version 9 but can only add one it seems. The previous version had a template where you could search cvs(http://jb1.wlthemes.com/resumes/). That is no longer available. I can get this via toolset, but the jobboard theme has css issues when I try to use toolset’s suite to create the extra functionality I want to add.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 16, 2019 at 9:20 pm

@Michelle
    Sorry, I’m still not quite fully understanding what you’re ultimately trying to accomplish.

So, is the template you’re referring to the /JB9/templates/tpl-page-members.php file?

but when I do that and rename it.

For what purpose are you renaming the template? Templates copied to the child theme shouldn’t be renamed. The themes looks for specific template names associated with the theme.
    Will the page display if the file isn’t renamed?

but the jobboard theme has css issues when I try to use toolset’s suite to create the extra functionality I want to add.

Is this a separate problem you’re experiencing than getting the template to display?

• Michelle
    Newbie 8 points
    May 18, 2019 at 10:10 am

Hi, JamesD.

Sorry if I am not making sense. If you go to this link – (http://jb1.wlthemes.com/resumes/). It was the previous version before premuimpress version 9 jobboard theme. In that jobboard theme you could have a page where employers could look at jobseeker resumes. I include a full page screenshot.
    Now You can do that anymore. I looked through the new jobboard theme to see if I can find it, but nothing.
    I only have two choices now. DIY or hire a developer. The second options is not an option as there are no budget to work with. I can achieve this with toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins that makes creating custom post types easy without having to code. The plugin does everything. It also offers a design option so that you can display you info for the visitor. This is their site – https://toolset.com/
    Types used the be free on the wp repository, but since this year it is not available on the repository anymore. What a shame for those on a budget. It is an amazing plugin.
    If this worked with premuimpress’s themes it would allow me to create custom post types like canditate’s profile which would allow me to create a page that show jobseekers online cv.
    I would like to change some of your templates, but there are no toturials on how to do that. Please let me know if I make more sense now.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 20, 2019 at 8:56 pm

@Michelle
    I’m not familiar with Toolset, but it does sound similar to Advanced Custom Fields (ACF).

Quite a few plugins still require integration with PP. You can integrate Toolset, but you would need to know how to do it properly with Toolset’s methods, as well as finding the location of the correct file(s) to make the change(s) within the theme.

Not much help with Toolset, but I can help you with finding the file(s) to make the change.

Note: Other than being a customer, like yourself, I am not affiliated with PP.

• Michelle
    Newbie 8 points
    May 21, 2019 at 11:04 am

That would be great. Toolset is much better than ACF. At least I think so. They do offer a free program for theme authors to integrate their plugin with their theme. I am also not affiliated with them. I just like using their plugins.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)