Issues with taxonomy, custom fields and tags!

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Issues with taxonomy, custom fields and tags!

Issues with taxonomy, custom fields and tags!

July 2, 2013
 Lee

• Lee
    Newbie 2 points

Hi,

I’ve got three issues going on at the moment.

1) When I create a tag search in [general setup > search] I select ‘list box’ and ‘equals’ as my parameters yet the search shows the list of directories instead
    2) when I create a new taxonomy in [display settings > taxonomies] it seems to work fine but then when I use the new taxonomy widget to try and link to it I just get a 404 (see here http://www.team-builder.co.uk/purpose/business-skills/)
    3) When I create a custom field in [submissions > custom fields] and then add try to add a custom field search in the [general setup > search] I add an asterix separated list but it doesn’t seem to return any results (see http://www.team-builder.co.uk/shopperpress/)

I’m sure I can’t be misunderstanding the set up on all 3 of these!

any help appreciated, thanks…

July 2, 2013 at 4:59 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

1) not sure i follow, it will always return directory results, your not searching for tags only directory listings with those tags in them

2) 404 maybe due to your permalinks, disable them and try again

3) copy/paste your list so we can see

July 2, 2013 at 5:30 pm

• Lee
    Newbie 2 points

1) ah ok, thought it was going to allow users to select a tag from a list of all tags
    2) yes, reset permalinks and this fixed it thanks
    3) Life Skills*Business Skills*test – is the list, I added test as I was trying to make sure the spaces or uppercasing weren’t messing with it – I’m sure it’ll be something simple I’m not understanding

Thanks for your fast reply on all this…

July 2, 2013 at 9:32 pm
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team