WordPress Business Themes › Forums › Responsive Themes › Coupon Theme › Is this possible with the theme?
Great to see PremiumPress developing new responsive themes! I’ve checked the admin but couldn’t find these settings. Please let me know if it’s possible to do this:
– Add template for stores only which includes a fixed button with cloaked link and image.
– Add store texts from the actual WordPress store instead of the custom field in Display/Settings in CouponPress V7
– Create coupons with urls (like in V7: in the titles etc.) to their own pages (so you can rank on it)
– Highly customize the homepage lay-out, so for instance you can have 3 columns: top-10, new-10, populair stores, underneath it a text, followed by custom HTML
– Change the /store/ in the url
– Setup imports (XML) with Dutch affiliate networks for auto importing
– Add checkbox to email subscription (mandatory in EU)
If it’s not possible out-of-the-box, who could do it?
1. there is a stores ppage (shortcodes for listing all stores) and all coupon/out going links are cloaked.
2. not sure i understand this one, stores can have their own description yes
3.this version cuts out the single page element as its not really needed and is alittle pointless for most affiliate coupons
4. /store/ is just the name of the WP permalink for the store taxonmy, there isnt much i can do about this.
6.checkbox for what?
Thanks for answering Mark. I’ll clarify some questions:
1. Can you create a template that all stores will use, with some elements being store-specific, such as the click-out url, text and the image. E.g. the part above the coupons on http://www.retailmenot.com/view/macys.com.
2. Can you add the store text via the logical WP path: Coupons > Stores > Description field or do we need to change it via a different custom field as it is in V7?
3. We’re ranking on many coupons. Good for longtail as well. So I’d recommend adding it.
4. Highly customize the homepage lay-out, so for instance you can have 3 columns: top-10, new-10, populair stores, underneath it a text, followed by custom HTML. No answer yet?
5. Change of /store/ in the url could be a huge SEO plus. This was also asked for by me and others for future V7 updates.
7. The checkbox is to agree to receiving promotional emails. This is part of creating a double Opt-in list.
Any help would be much appreciated 😉
1. you can use the shortcodes for creating a stores page in this theme;
[TAXONOMY name=’store’ count=true icon=true]
2. all store descriptions are set within the stores taxonomy, not via any extra custom field.
3. its there if you want to use it.
4. your welcome to customize anyway you want, all we have at the moment is all thats there.
Thanks for your very fast help with questions.
I am also after something like No.2 above: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/papajohns.com
This is the ability to add a store name, icon and store description above the coupons. This is highly valuable for SEO purposes in terms of being able to adjust any content appearing at the top of the page.
When I edit the store descriptions in Coupons > Stores > Description, the description does not show on the published coupons page, neither does the store name. I get ‘Search Results’ instead. Here is my store page: http://codecoupon.com.au/store/webjet/
Thanks in advance!
you can add a store description with HTMl for images etc using the store taxonomy, Coupons > Stores > Description.
You can use the stores widget to display this on the sidebar and/or under the generals etup tab -> search results header click to show descriptions.
^^ Thanks Mark! 😀 Works great!
Now my only other problem is that the ‘shortcodes’ button when editing a ‘page’ isn’t working. It send me to a blank page with the text ‘false’.
whats the link it sends u too? copy browser bar link.
ah yes its bascially a link to the docs;
ill make it a standard link in future.
Is there a possibility to enter this code
But only decide which stores to show or not ? I have 100 stores and would like to show 10 only.
Something like ‘popular stores’ on the home page for exemple.
What code shall i add to it?
thanks a lot,
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team