Importing using CSV

• Jack
    Jack
    Newbie 2 points
    April 29, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Hello!

I’m having real trouble importing using the CSV importer. Have spent the last 2 days working on this but still not there!

I have a CSV containing 1000 entries, including the following elements:

“ID”,”post_author”,”post_date”,”post_content”,”post_title”,”post_excerpt”,”post_type”,”category”,”access”,”email_sent_30dayreminder”,”featured”,”frontpage”,”hits”,”hits_array”,”html”,”image”,”last_visitor”,”listing_expiry_date”,”listing_price”,”listing_price_due”,”listing_price_paid”,”listing_price_paid_date”,”listing_status”,”listing_status_msg”,”listing_sticker”,”map-address1″,”map-address2″,”map-address3″,”map-city”,”map-country”,”map-lat”,”map-log”,”map-state”,”map-zip”,”map_location”,”packageID”,”pending_message”,”post_tags”,”showgooglemap”,”SKU”,”timeaccess”,”topcategory”,”url”,”visitorcounter”,”post_id”

The attached contains the first 500 entries. When I use the import tool, the tool counts the right number of entries, but only imports a selection – and I can’t understand why!

I am also having trouble using advanced search functionality. In the current state, none of the entries populate correctly in the dropdown and I am at a loss as to why. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

• Jack
    Jack
    Newbie 2 points
    April 29, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Any idea how to upload a csv or an alternative to share the data I’m trying to share?

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    April 30, 2015 at 7:27 am

You may use Really Simple CSV Importer. PP import plugin sometimes behaves oddly

• Inayat
    Inayat
    Newbie 30 points
    June 29, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Hi hemanta All post is going to blog , is not working for price comparison site ….

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    June 30, 2015 at 3:44 pm

havE you used the column post_type ? otherwise they will be default to post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes