Icodes import

Icodes import

July 26, 2013
John John
  • John
    John
    Newbie 16 points

Hi Guys

The new improved icodes import works very different to the original couponpress icodes import.

Under the new one i can find no option to import and assign coupons to categories (cant import categories either) and also it doesnt import the coupon description into the main description of the coupon (it simply stores it in an excerpt for searching but shows no description when clicking through to the coupon.

Any ideas how to change / edit this so it will multi import all coupons?

Also it seems to crash if trying to import all coupons direct from codes (im pulling codes from 5000 or so merchants but the couponpress icodes import worked perfectly then auto updated and id got 10000 or so codes in the site.

Any ideas

John

oh, site address is http://www.offermonster.co.uk (still very shitty at the moment but hoping once ive got coupons importing correctly to make is nicer)

July 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm
  • Declan
    Declan
    Newbie 41 points

hi on your recent coupons how are you getting the image to link to the listing page??
    cheers Declan

July 26, 2013 at 7:47 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 16 points

Hi Declan

Yes but it offers no description just the offer is the title eg £5 off and then links etc

With the couponpress icodes it used to pull full descriptions across plus categories etc and automatically populate the database.

You could also click on a store and it showed all their offers.

With the responsive plugin it doesn’t do any of this just simply imports then like an rss feed

July 26, 2013 at 8:13 pm
  • Declan
    Declan
    Newbie 41 points

hi have you got different settings of custom fields in your individual posts that’s different from the coupon responsive demo??
    cheers Declan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 26, 2013 at 8:41 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 16 points

Hi Declan

Im not sure i understand what you mean.

im just playing around with stuff at the moment but my main concern is that i cant fathom out how to import coupons via the icodes plugin

with the old version the plugin setup stores, categories and then imported everything in and assigned the correct categories to each coupon etc.
    The new one doesn’t

July 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi John

have you installed the icodes plugin? It should be fairly straight forward, add your icode details, click on import merchants and then run the import codes.

July 27, 2013 at 2:35 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 16 points

Hi Mark,

Yes ive done that, However it doesnt import any categories, assign codes to categories or anything.

All it seems to do is import coupons and stores.

The std codes plugin gave an option to setup stores, categories etc which it then imported from codes, set them up in the wp database and then when you assigned the categories correctly it let the user pick a category and showed all related coupons in that category.

There is no option for this in the responsive plugin so does that mean i have to manually assign categories and set the categories up?

See the images attached. The old version gave options for doing this (my version was slightly different but i hope you get the idea)

In the new one, theres no option to set categories

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm
  • John
    John
    Newbie 16 points

sorry old icodes image

July 27, 2013 at 3:37 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

john categories are not used in the new one simply because all icode categories are the same and this just kills your SEO.

the system will import stores and assign coupons to stores, since it only imports coupons (atm) you would search them via the store rather than a category.

July 28, 2013 at 5:14 am
  • Michael
    Michael
    Newbie 83 points

The categories will appear in the top drop down box in the importer once you add them using the bulk import in the toolbox section. They need to be assigned per store, or so it seems.

July 28, 2013 at 5:24 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

yes for the moment, im still not sure what use the icodes categories are?

July 28, 2013 at 7:03 am
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team