Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

I do not see any message to tell the seller that he must pay commission.

• Hesham
    Newbie 2 points
    December 16, 2018 at 8:51 pm

I know commission is calculated for Normal Auction based on a percentage that is determined by Admin, but for Buy Now auction, when is the commission calculated?

How the admin get paid from the seller after payment has been received from buyer?
    I do not see any message to tell the seller that he must pay the commission except one that shows up at user’s dashboard if his balance was negative. It stays for long without any action against the user!!.

Therefore, the seller could sell his item without paying a commission and without getting a suspension in future if he came back and did the same things over and over.

if that is the reality, then this theme is not good for any business.
    If there is a code for that, then please tell me in which file the commission is calculated for BUY NOW AUCTION not for normal auction?
    Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,820 points
    December 17, 2018 at 3:02 am

Comission is calculated when the item is sold regardless of how (buy now or auction)

The commission payment is credited to the sellers account, and they can see/pay this from their members area.

• Hesham
    Newbie 2 points
    January 9, 2019 at 10:10 pm

@ Mark Fail:
    You have NOT answered my question which was :
    How the admin get paid from the seller after payment has been received from buyer?
    The seller may receive his money and go without paying a commission to admin.
    The seller also could come back under new username and different email address to sell more items without paying the new commission for new items added later.

The script has no penalty for users with due amount that not paid, this is NOT good for business.
    Can you be specific and mention the file name that calculates the commission for BuyNow auction. if function.php, then the condition was when reserve price is met, but for BuyNow auction there is no reserve price to meet.
    Please give enough details , I understand php and html. for privacy of your code, you can send details to my email address.
    Thanks

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,820 points
    January 13, 2019 at 4:41 am

The only gateway that allow commission to be paid as part of the transaction is stripe and the integration is in the admin.

For most gateways there is no such function.

You cannot force users to pay the commission i’m afraid, this is where you admin work would need to come in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)