i codes import

• slvester
    slvester
    Newbie 16 points
    September 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm

i try to import coupons with icodes plugin why its not save for each category

its importing without any category

• slvester
    slvester
    Newbie 16 points
    September 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm

anther issue the import coupons content layout comes without store name only the offer any help plz

• George
    George
    Newbie 2 points
    September 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Slvester,

Were you able to figure out how to import the categories? I am trying to get that figured out…

• Benjamin
    Benjamin
    Newbie 85 points
    September 9, 2013 at 9:45 pm

George,

I believe the icodes import plugin for the responsive coupon theme doesn’t import any categories. This functionality was removed as it was supposedly not used by many customers (I use it and find it useful).

If categories are important to you then you will need to either modify the plugin (its open source), ask and/or vote for that feature to be implemented, or use the non-responsive CouponPress theme as that does import categories.

• slvester
    slvester
    Newbie 16 points
    September 10, 2013 at 12:10 am

i think its better not removed it..how could people find the coupons by categories if categories is empty..and most coupons not uncategorised
    most big coupons site have categories

• Michael
    Michael
    Newbie 83 points
    September 10, 2013 at 1:14 am

Regarding the categories, I used to think that they were important too, but then I noticed that when I am looking for a coupon, I generally already know which store I am going to purchase my items from. Looking at the incoming search results I have on my existing site, I see a lot more people looking for “coupon for gap.com” than people looking for “coupon for Gap jeans”.

I have concluded that organizing the stores themselves into categories is a more efficient use of my resources, as people are generally looking for specific items or stores, and not just browsing the “Apparel” category looking for a deal. They may browse “Apparel” to see which stores you have deals available for, and I think that is how most people expect to see things set up, (Source: Savvy coupon shopping wife.)

There are many ways of doing things, so you should obviously go with what you would like to see. Just my 2 cents.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 10, 2013 at 3:23 am

ill see about adding an option to bring it back, not sure why you would want the category the same as icodes though, will just lower your SEO since everyone else will have the same setup.

• slvester
    slvester
    Newbie 16 points
    September 10, 2013 at 2:14 pm

thanks mark
    i hope also if u can customise the Imported Coupon title/description
    From a marketing or SEO perspective, At the moment I have many of pages (coupons) that carry the same title tag. For example I currently coupons that carry the title tag “5% Off” and that’s just for the coupons with 5% Off i have like 10 of same this title

This is obviously very bad for SEO because the title tag is very short, has no product name or store name ( i cheak my most links in google dont have store name or product name )

im also auto posting to twitter the link at the moment for example:
    Save 10%: Save 10% Off for any order ( you dont know whats the store name who provide the offer )

• George
    George
    Newbie 2 points
    September 10, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Thanks for all the replies… I have abandoned categories all together.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes