htaccess keeps deleting

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes EmployeePress htaccess keeps deleting

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

htaccess keeps deleting

July 24, 2014
Mike Mike
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 776 points

Help

My htaccess file keep sdeleting on a daily basis and corrupting the re-write rules.

Is there a known issue with this.

Can someone offer a solution? It seems to be happening with both my V7 themes.

July 24, 2014 at 10:58 am
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Do you have any security plugins? (e.g. Wordfence)

July 24, 2014 at 11:36 am
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 776 points

@Clive

Yes of course. I use SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam

I know that the hackers like exploiting and messing with plugins like this!

July 24, 2014 at 4:26 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Just a hunch, but the biggest cause of htaccess files being messed with are security plugins (which often contain functionality to protect your site by putting rules into this htaccess file)

Another common plugin using htaccess would be a plugin which is involved in rewriting urls.

Either of these classes of plugins are highly likely to be responsible for your problem.

Best bet is to set up a Dev site, and then try selectively deactivating them.

July 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm
  • Mike
    Mike
    Titan 776 points

@Clive sounds like a pretty good hunch to me.

Have spent the last week selectively switching off plugins by turn. Will report back when I solve the issue.

thanks ❗

July 24, 2014 at 5:20 pm
  • Clive
    Clive
    Super Guru 1,818 points

Good luck :)

One other idea. Have you tried setting file permissions on your htaccess so it isn’t writable?

That may provide a fix.

July 24, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team