an
groups-icon

How to Prevent Sub Categories from appearing on the home page

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Liz Liz
    13 points
    Beginner

I am using Classified theme.

With the Default layout for December child
    The Parent categories display nicely with icon images on the home page.
    Everything displays well.

However, Today I needed to add a few sub categories to one of the parent categories in
    Admin back end> Listing Manage> Categories.

Then when I next looked at the site home page I noticed that Sub categories are also showing and have messed up my home page to make it longer to scroll, appart from the fact I don’t want Sub categories showing on the home page.

I have searched through all setting and cant find where to turn off. so that ONLY parent categories show as they were before I added a few sub categories.

I also found while looking in >Theme set up> Show sub categories – the description of this setting says (Turn ON if you want to display sub categories (if available) above search results).

However this is not the setting i need, as it only turns on and off exactly as the description says, (Above Search results) this is not what I need.

I need to remove sub categories from displaying on the home page.

I am grateful for any help. Hopefully without having to customize the theme!

🙂

April 1, 2017 at 12:11 pm
  • Liz Liz
    13 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    April 1, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Views

Replies