an
groups-icon

How To Pre-Populate Country and State Drop Downs In Registration Forms

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Bill Gordon
    0 points
    Beginner

I can see how easily form fields can be made in the theme but what is the process to pre-populate the drop-down select lists with countries and states/provinces? I need those options (along with many others) to be mandatory when users sign-up for an account and also editable when they manage their profile.

I am new to WP. What php files do I edit to dynamically populate those select lists in the registration and edit profile pages (I can do this with PHP if I knew where to hook into these processes. I need to pass the user’s current geo location country and state to pre-select the appropriate options.

I assume that any DB fields I make in the theme are stored in the theme’s tables and not in the WP tables… so I need to know where to reference these and how to reference these $var->stateprov or some kind of short codes… just not sure how to reference this stuff and where to find it in the theme files..

Thanks!

March 22, 2015 at 4:44 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    March 22, 2015 at 5:06 pm
  • Bill Gordon
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 24, 2015 at 4:22 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 24, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Views

Replies