Charles

How to modify the Homepage Search Bar in DT9

Hi. Just installed the new DT9 in a vanilla domain. We need to migrate several old DT versions into DT9 but we need to do some testing before said endeavor. In the current DT9 HomePage the Search Bar is composed of THREE (3) sections: Section 1: KEYWORD (looking for ...) Section 2: IN (Any Category) Section 3: AT (Any Location) Since the directory we need to migrate now is a bankruptcy lawyer directory (very specific niche directory) for only one country, people seeking for a bankruptcy lawyer WILL NOT need Section 1. It will be confusing or a waste of time. As per our long time research said users just look for the closest bankruptcy lawyer. They only look for the city in which they are located. That's it. As a result, they only need to search in ONE section: Section 2 or Section 3. Three Questions: 1. In the new DT9, and given the fact that we only need one section, which is the correct database structure (categories or locations), which section we should focus on? 2. How do we modify the Search Bar so we can remove Section 1 or the other sections? 3. Do the new DT9 will have easy options to modify the Search Bar? Thank you!

Created: May 28, 2018 at 11:21 am
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: CharlesCharles
  • 8 members left 9 comments
  • Last reply from: Aloysius

• Discopants
    Discopants
    June 25, 2018 at 8:48 am

I would also like to know if this is possible

• Ján
    Ján
    August 24, 2018 at 9:45 pm

Me, too.

• Alan
    Alan
    August 30, 2018 at 9:44 pm

And me. Is this forum not visited by support now?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    August 31, 2018 at 1:03 am

The issue is that since we havent yet released a v8 -> v9 transfer tool it’s difficult for me to provide assistance as i havent tested anything.

The homepage search box is found in the file;

DT9/_directory/

its a standard HTML search form so you can modify it there as required.

• Steven
    Steven
    September 3, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Can you please verify the file name DT9/_directory/ as there is no such file in that location.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    September 3, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Hi Steven,
    It really varies by the theme and widget being used. You probably see a few like “#8221;, those files are essentially what Mark is referring to.

• Steven
    Steven
    October 1, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Mark, can you provide the code necessary for changing the search bar to shorten the I’m looking for to the size of the category field and change the category field to the size the I’m looking for field was?

And what file for default theme? DT9

Thanks

• Steven
    Steven
    October 1, 2018 at 10:43 pm

never mind I figured it

• Aloysius
    January 31, 2019 at 11:08 pm

Does anyone know exactly what to remove???? I don’t understand why these themes NEVER come with standard “items” like most other themes. I am struggling to remove the “AT” “LOCATION” on the search bar. I am building an accommodation directory and only need Keyword and perhaps the
    Catergory “IN” option.

I’d appreciate it if anyone can assist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)