Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

how to hide company info

• Pietro
    Pietro
    Newbie 51 points
    March 8, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Hi all!
    Does anyone know how to hide company info (address, phone, fax and ceo name) from about us page?
    Thakn you,
    Pietro

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 8, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Hello Pietro,
    Easiest way would probably be to hide the copyright section.
    Try adding this with your custom CSS:
    .page-template-tpl-page-aboutus .copyright { display:none; }

If this doesn’t do what you need then you’ll need to make changes to a file or two from the core files.

• Pietro
    Pietro
    Newbie 51 points
    March 9, 2019 at 7:24 am

Thanks James.
    My bad, I wrote the wrong page name. The correct page i need to change is “Contact” and not “about us”. Any clue on that?
    if core needs to be worked on, could you please list the files’name to be edited?

I appreciate your support!
    Pietro

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 9, 2019 at 7:30 am

@Pietro

Just replace the .page-template-tpl-page-aboutus to .page-template-tpl-page-contact.
    It’ll look like: .page-template-tpl-page-contact .copyright { display:none; }

Just change the aboutus to the page slug where you need to hide the copyright.

• Pietro
    Pietro
    Newbie 51 points
    March 9, 2019 at 7:35 am

Yeah, already tried that. doesn’t do. I simly need to hide company data. Witih the code you suggest also the contact form is not shon, whilist I want to keep that.

• Pietro
    Pietro
    Newbie 51 points
    March 9, 2019 at 7:49 am

James, would you please name the core files to be edited when you got a chance?
    Thank you,
    pietro

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    March 9, 2019 at 7:57 am

@Pietro

It can vary by child theme. You’ll have to take a look at the file in your child theme footer-menu.php and see which file is being called.

In the screenshot example I’m using the default MJ theme, so I need to take a look at the /MJ9/_micro/template/footer-menu.php file. In that file there’s a call to the next file to follow. Now, I’d take a look at the requested page /MJ9/framework/elementor/blocks/footer-2.php file and follow as needed.

Note: Make sure to copy the core files you decide to edit in your child theme directory.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Pietro
    Pietro
    Newbie 51 points
    March 9, 2019 at 8:10 am

Thank you. I appreciate your support.
    Will try and drop you a note.
    again thanks a lot
    Pietro

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,862 points
    March 11, 2019 at 1:56 am

Thanks James

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)