how to go back to version 8.4 or?

• Christopher
    Christopher
    Newbie 29 points
    October 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I just updated the theme from 8.4 to 8.7 and unfortunately when I did it changed the layout of the home page. How can I either go back to the prior design of the home page or if all else fails go back to version 8.4?

I’ve attached two screen shots, before and after.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    October 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Christoper, easiest way is to restore your files and database from a backup then you get your system back to exactly how it was before.

If you didn’t take a backup before doing the update then you’ve learned a lesson the hard way – always backup before major changes/updates and do on a test system first. If you failed to take a backup and you have hosting with good support they may be able to restore for you.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm

@Christopher Contact your host and request for a backup copy.Most host do offer auto backups

• Christopher
    Christopher
    Newbie 29 points
    October 20, 2015 at 6:29 pm

So is there not a way to get the same layout that I had before the update? I hate to go back to an older version. Again, my main goal it to retain the design I had on the home page, prior to the update. See attached pictures from original post.

and thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback I have received so far… on all my posts.

Chris-

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 20, 2015 at 6:43 pm

@Chris Version 8.4 had some bugs which where fixed in V8.7 so reverting is not the best option.You can enable Home Page Editor under Theme Options >Page Setup then set up your homepage how you want

• Christopher
    Christopher
    Newbie 29 points
    October 20, 2015 at 8:56 pm

yeah, I tried that, but the options are not the same, they look different… such as the default header block.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes