How to Change membership package from Horizontal to Vertical?

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 22, 2015 at 6:36 am

I have seen a setting somewhere in my Site Admin weeks ago prior to updating to 8.1
    I have searched every setting and can’t remember where I saw it.

I wish to change the displayed view that the customer sees on the front end, to display membership packages to choose from, in a Vertical view. my site currently shows them as Horizontal. (one under the other) with no roll over effect.

I prefer the vertical view to be displayed with the roll over effect.

Does anybody know where this setting is?

🙂

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 23, 2015 at 4:42 am

Look in general settings > search/listing page > display view. Random or roll over effect can be added in page setup > home page > recent listing > listing data and add the following orderby=rand&posts_per_page=10 or whatever # you choose to add in the text box.

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 23, 2015 at 8:02 am

Hi Errol,

Are you able to be more specific with the exact path in Admin

I have no such setting that I can see.

All I have that is remotely similar to what you describe above does not exist for me!
    general settings > search/listing page > display view.
    Did you notice I am using version 8.1 ?

I have an advanced text box to place code however it says be careful with a warning, and it is specifically for the search results page price high to low, It does not look like it is to use for Display View code.

Hopefully this makes sense. 🙂

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    March 23, 2015 at 5:24 pm

@Liz I’ve not being active on the forum for a while now and after reading quite a few of these posts I can see that they are additional changes in 8+ which I may not be familiar with. I must say that I’m still at launch pad 6.6+ – maybe one of the support team or another member can give a reply to your Q – Hope all goes well.

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,818 points
    March 24, 2015 at 6:56 am

Hi Liz,

Can you please send your site link so we can see the membership package you referring to?

There’s no option to do that sorry for membership packages. The Grid and List View is only applied on Listings which you may have seen it on the “general settings > search/listing page > display view”

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points
    March 25, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Thanks Marie, that’s exactly where i saw it when I was setting up listings etc, Then I chose the setting to hide listings as I was using the membership package, and this must have been when my Vertical listing package display vanished and became horizontal one under the other. I see what has happened now. Thank you for helping to clarify for me in putting the puzzle together Marie Much appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes