How to add social media icons in listings with links

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress How to add social media icons in listings with links

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

How to add social media icons in listings with links

March 15, 2016
Grant Grant
  • Grant
    Grant
    Newbie 8 points

Hi

Im aware that I can create custom fields for Facebook, LinkedIn etc, but is there any way to have them display in the listings as the proper icons with hyperlinks to what they put into the submission page?

If it’s not possible to do this within the theme, is there a plugin that will do this?

Thanks

March 15, 2016 at 11:17 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Hello Joanne,
    Adding icons to custom fields requires customization.You can post here >>www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

March 15, 2016 at 5:42 pm
  • Grant
    Grant
    Newbie 8 points

Thanks

I might have a go at this myself – are you able to shortcode a custom field in CSS such as [custom1] ?

March 16, 2016 at 8:58 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Hello Joanne,
    Not sure what you mean by ‘custom field in CSS’ But you can use/display custom field in listings like so [custom_field_db_name]

March 17, 2016 at 2:06 pm
  • Grant
    Grant
    Newbie 8 points

Thanks Josh

So what Im thinking is along these lines in the CSS. I used this line to add an extra comment below a box in the submission form.

#panel_section3:after {content:”Select ALL the relevant headings AND subcategories included within (green dropdown). You MUST select an ‘AREA’ for printed directories.”;text-align:left;padding-top: 10px;padding-bottom: 10px; display: block; font-size: 90%;}

If I could use this method to point to an icon image that was hyperlinked to a custom field.

Would this work?

March 17, 2016 at 2:58 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Yes you can add an image url.
    More info >>http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_gen_content.asp

March 17, 2016 at 5:30 pm
  • Jason
    Jason
    Guru 836 points

Is it about making a tax thats a clickable link somehow somwhere ?, coz need to have a tax that works for facebook.

The (url)tax is a clickable link, Im needing a (facebook)tax clickable link, anyone know what code it is and where to put it ?

February 16, 2017 at 9:25 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

Hello Jason,
    Are you referring to Custom Fields?
    If so please use database key as ‘facebook’

February 17, 2017 at 1:59 pm
  • Jason
    Jason
    Guru 836 points

Thanks Josh, Ya know I spoke to Zarko yesty, and he had no idea

February 17, 2017 at 10:30 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,885 points

You’re welcome Jason :)

February 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team