Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

How to add more values on the seeking for section

• victor
    Newbie 19 points
    May 30, 2019 at 2:22 pm

In the section ‘seeking’or ‘looking for’ there are only three options: male, female, couple. How do i add more values say trans for example. Also is there a way i could link the values to display the one from one of the taxonomies i have set.
    Example: I have created a taxonomy about ‘profession’ which displays doctor, engineer, athlete etc. Is there a way to the change section ‘looking for’ to display these values instead of male, female, couple…

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    May 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm

Hello victor,

In the section ‘seeking’or ‘looking for’ there are only three options: male, female, couple. How do i add more values say trans for example.

Yes, it can be done, but would require altering core files. A little coding/manual changes would be required. Dev assistance may be required if you’re unfamiliar.

There are at least three (3) files I see with references, however I’m not sure what type of impact they have in other files.

The core files with references are:
    /DA9/_dating/functions.php
    /DA9/_dating/search-bar.php
    /DA9/_dating/tpl-page-advancedsearch.php

Note: It’s not recommended to change core files. Be sure to make backup copies of any file you decide to edit.

• victor
    Newbie 19 points
    June 1, 2019 at 3:37 am

Thank you for directing me to the right core files, i know how to do customization, i was just hoping there was a simpler way because once i do the customization and the theme gets updated, i will have to do it again.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points
    June 1, 2019 at 6:53 am

@victor
    Unfortunately you’ll probably be running across this scenario quite a few times.
    At least you’re familiar, you’ll need that skill set with the theme for changes like that. 😉

I’m guessing at some point additional settings may be added, however no one really knows except Mark.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)