how do i disable the order results by drop down box

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 2, 2015 at 1:36 am

how do i disable the order results by drop down box and just keep it set to listed by a-z.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 2, 2015 at 5:00 am

you want to hide the entire box?

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    March 2, 2015 at 6:52 am

I think you would need to do some customization.The file to edit would be search.php

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    March 2, 2015 at 4:04 pm

In search.php look for <div class=”btn-group pull-right open”>

You could remove or hide that whole div section to remove the entire box. To just remove the Order By section you will have to try removing the order by components towards the bottom of the div.
    Remember this is a core file so you would have to do the update again when you install a new version of the theme.

Would be good if this could be be built into the theme so you could disable in Search Results Settings.

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 2, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Yes, I would like to hide the entire box. Is there a simple way to turn it off in the template or do I have to modify the code. If the code has to be modified, I have to pay someone to change it bc that is beyond my capability.

Thank you!!!

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 3, 2015 at 1:16 am

you can use css to hide it, provide your link and ill find the code for you.

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    March 3, 2015 at 9:30 am

To hide the whole box is fairly straightforward – you can use the css code:

#wlt_search_tabs .btn-group {
    display:none
    }

Just put this in your child theme if you have one. If not go to Design Setup –> Custom Meta Data and put the code in the Header Styles section. Remember to put tags <style> and </style> around any css in this section.

If you are unfamiliar with adding css to Custom Meta Data I recommend viewing the relevant video tutorial.

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 3, 2015 at 12:59 pm

If I hide the CSS, does it the affect the core of the template or the way it updates

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 3, 2015 at 1:08 pm

no, it doesn’t

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 4, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Thank you to all for helping. Janak the code hid the box…thanks so much, it also hid the map box and listing view options, which is okay, but now I’m not going to use the map or distance option ( nearest or furthest) so is there a way to hide the distance on the listing display. It keeps showing that my listings are over 5,000 miles away & if so does it affect the core of the template.

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,283 points
    March 5, 2015 at 7:41 am

Henry, you can set your location in General Settings –> Submission Settings at the bottom so distances show correctly.
    Although you have removed the box to select display type you can still use the map and distance on the listings.
    If you want to remove/add fields to the listing and search result displays you can customise the layouts in Page Setup –> Content Pages then Search Result Layout and Listing Page Layout.

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 6, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Janak, What do I have to do to the code to remove “distance” and will it affect the core of the template if I remove it?

Thanks you

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 6, 2015 at 4:55 pm

[code title=””]
    i.fa.fa-location-arrow { display: none; }
    span.wlt_shortcode_distance { display: none; }
    [/code]

It doesn’t affect core template.

• Henry
    Henry
    Newbie 27 points
    March 7, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I put the code in but it didn’t hide distance. I also tried putting the styles before and after. Is there a specific way or place to put it in?

<div class=”block”><div class=”block-title”><h1><span>[TITLE]</span></h1></div><div class=”block-content”> [IMAGES] <span class=”right” style=”margin-top:7px; margin-right:20px;”>[CONTACT button=1] </span><ul class=”nav nav-tabs navstyle1″ id=”Tabs”> <li class=”active”>{Description}

• {Details}
  • <div class=”tab-content”><div class=”tab-pane active” id=”t1″>[TOOLBOX]<h5>[TITLE]</h5>[CONTENT] [GOOGLEMAP] </div><div class=”tab-pane” id=”t2″>[FIELDS hide=”map”]</div></div></div></div> [COMMENTS box=1]

[code title=””]
    i.fa.fa-location-arrow { display: none; }
    span.wlt_shortcode_distance { display: none; }
    [/code]

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    March 7, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Where are you putting this ?

The code you have given here, is the html code. The code I had given to you is css code. You have enter each css code in the following way,

Put this in Design Setup > Custom Meta Data > wp_header (Box) and put it inside a <style>[css_code_here]</style>

• Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes