How and where to use [url] shortcode

• Mathijs
    Mathijs
    Newbie 33 points
    August 8, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Hi all!

I am using the coupon theme and I am trying to include a visit homepage button to all my seperate stores. I have tried using [url] and [code title=””][url][/code] with and without all capitals but no results or changes at all. The link is in the store settings under: website link

I am trying to add the visit homepage button to the default layout under page setup -> listing page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,111 points
    August 8, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Hi Mathijs,

Did you added that “url” as a custom field through Listing setup > Custom fields tab? If so you must add the links and urls to populate that on each of your coupons not from your stores.

• Mathijs
    Mathijs
    Newbie 33 points
    August 8, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your fast response, I didn’t add the ‘url’ as a custom field before asking here. I just added it thanks!

But my question remains: How would I get this button or link under the store description?
    As I don’t want to add the visit website url to coupons as all my coupons have an affiliate link.
    The link is for stores that currently don’t have a discount but I want the button visit website to show.

I hope you understand what I mean

Thanks again!

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    Super Guru 1,111 points
    August 8, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Hi Mathjis,

Oh sorry that is not poasible at the moment as there’s no option to change or add a shortcode for the store page. You have to customize the theme codes to add this.

• Mathijs
    Mathijs
    Newbie 33 points
    August 8, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Hi Alex,

That is not a problem, Would you have a suggestion of which code to add where in the theme?
    I think it should be possible to use the Website Link field from the individual store settings.
    I have added a print screen to clarify what I mean.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 8, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Hello Mathijs,
    Try the below code under the file Appearance >Editor >taxonomy.php.Paste the code where you want the link to appear.You can then customize it to make it look how you want

<a href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['CORE_THEME']['category_website_'.$term->term_id]; ?>" >Website Links</a>

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Mathijs
    Mathijs
    Newbie 33 points
    August 8, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Yes Josh saves the day! thanks a lot man it worked on the first try

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    August 9, 2016 at 1:40 pm

You’re welcome Mathijs.Have a great day 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes