Homepage, Slider, Breadcrumb Navigation

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Directory Theme Homepage, Slider, Breadcrumb Navigation

Homepage, Slider, Breadcrumb Navigation

July 19, 2013
Thomas Thomas
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points

Hello,

I want visitors to see a welcome page when entering my website.
    So I created a page in WordPress called “Welcome” and assigned it to “Standard Template” which in my case is a 2-column one whith menu on the left side and a 1-column object in the content area.
    Between this and the header I have a slider which shows the newest entries.

Now, if I have set WordPress to show a static page as homepage, I see the breadcrumb navigation but my top slider disappears.
    If I change Worpress settings to “show my last postings” on homepage, slider is back again but now the breadcrumbs are gone.

Any hint is appreciated
    Thomas

July 19, 2013 at 7:55 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

sliders etc are all part of the theme home page setup, if your bypassing the theme home page and using a static home page then none of the theme options will be applied.

July 23, 2013 at 3:24 am
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 53 points

Hello Mark,

thanks for your reply.
    I understand that its normal behaviour of theme that breadcrumb line is not shown on home page (if not bypassed by WP).
    Usually of course it makes sense to show a breadcrumb not till having entered a page outside the home page.
    That would be ok if the “Login” and “Register” links were not assigned to breadcrumb line.
    But like this visitors cannot see the option to login/register when they come to my website until they leave the home page.

In your theme demo on premiumpress.com there is a popup like submenu under the “My Account” link. Is it done by a WP plugin or is it a feature of the theme?

Thomas

July 23, 2013 at 5:42 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

hi

you could simply add a ‘my account’ link to your main navigation if you feel you needed to, thats how it is on the demo;

http://dp.wlthemes.com/

July 23, 2013 at 6:41 am
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team