an
groups-icon

Home Page Questions

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Susan Peach
    120 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User

Fairly new to WP and very new to Elementor. I understand from watching the Elementor page building tutorial that the Home page I created in Elementor will be linked somehow to the WP Home page. Or vice versa. I don’t really understand that, but as long as it works that’s fine.

For a while my nav bar was showing two home pages but I seem to have it sorted now so that I only have one home page link and the home page is displaying as I want it to look. I did delete one of the versions of the Home page that I had been working on in order to get rid of the second Home page link on my nav bar, and just want to make I did the right thing.

My questions:

1 ~ When I go to Pages to edit a page, I see my home page listed as:
    Page – Homepage — Front Page, Elementor
    If I click on Edit with Elementor I see the Home page displayed but I’m not able to select any of the components to edit them. I assume this is because this page is calling the actual Home page from somewhere else…the one showing under Templates > Saved Templates? Is that correct? (just trying to understand what’s going on behind the scenes). The shortcode for the Home page is [premiumpress_elementor_template id=”197″].

2 ~ I can edit my Home page by going to Templates and then selecting the Home page and clicking edit with Elementor. Is this the correct process to make changes to my Home page?

3 ~ When I want to edit a different page, let’s say the Contact or About page, I go to Pages, select the page and click on Edit with Elementor. I am able to add widgets and content to this page, but the header section is not editable. It is showing with a white background on any page other than the Home page. With my Home page I changed the header background colour to green by going to Advanced > Background, and selecting the colour I wanted. Apparently the changes I made to the header from my Home page do not carry across the entire site. What is the correct way to change the header so that this does happen? Or do I need to somehow edit the header on every page?

March 26, 2019 at 8:02 pm
  • Marie J
    347 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial Feedback Developer Badge
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    March 27, 2019 at 3:37 am
  • Susan Peach
    120 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    March 28, 2019 at 3:22 am
  • Marie J
    347 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial Feedback Developer Badge
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 5, 2019 at 6:22 am
  • Susan Peach
    120 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 11, 2019 at 10:33 pm

Views

Replies