Ho do you keep paid listings at the top

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 16 points
    September 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Is there a way to keep the paid listings at the top of the list on the home page, cause when another listing is added including free listings the paid listing drops below the last listing added.

Thanks

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 16 points
    September 10, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Anybody Know how to do this please

• Wen Yu
    Wen Yu
    Newbie 30 points
    September 11, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Hi there, I would love to know the answer as well. Please advice.

• Narender
    Narender
    Newbie 42 points
    September 11, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I also went through this problem .The best way I found is to use sticky post feature in wordpress. Hope this will help. Choose the listings you want to place in the home page or top to bottom. See the screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 16 points
    September 16, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Ok thanks for all the replys Im kinda suprised this is not a feature of the theme as the paid listings should have the option of staying at the top These are paying customers and I dont think they will be to happy when they see thier listings dropping from the home page

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 16, 2013 at 12:32 pm

@Harry, I don’t offer one-on-one. There are only minor bugs in the code which i iron out with each option, issues come from using expecting features that are not available yet.

If there is a bug, then report it to me via the support desk, i cannot monitor the community forum 24/7.

@Paul, if you want a list ordered by a value, then you should set it in your order.

for example: meta_key=featured&orderby=asc

• Paul
    Paul
    Newbie 16 points
    September 16, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Hi Mark ok thanks for the info

• Dave Harris
    Dave Harris
    Super Guru 1,383 points
    September 16, 2013 at 2:43 pm

The featured listings can be a problem anyway, imagine if you have a busy site and have loads of people choosing featured package, how on earth are you going to get them all displayed? And everyone is going to want their listing displayed if they think they have paid for it. I am starting a classifieds site and just ran into this problem, so what I intend to do is offer a limited time featured listing of say 1 week and people will have to be willing to pay a high premium to get into the carousel or whatever. It means it will be a bit labor intensive adding and removing listings but the high premium exposure cost will soften that. Thing is, that type of setup will only really work ( ie, people willing to pay ) on a very popular, successful site. So I won’t be offering ‘featured’ listings’ for quite a while I guess.

• Mike
    Mike
    Newbie 64 points
    October 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Just solved what was becoming a nightmare scenario to work out David. Thanks for the practical tip!

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points
    October 6, 2013 at 2:43 pm

In Regular DP (not responsive) on Home page only- all premium listing can be set to random and they just rotate. Anytime you refresh a page a new ‘Premium’ listing is on top. It works great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes