Daniel

Hide shortcode if empty

I'm using the Auction theme and attempting to custom design the search results in list format. I want to display things like the current price, the number of bids and the buy it now price. If a bin price has not been entered, my results have $0 and this is not really ideal. I'd like to be able to structure the results in a way similar to an eBay listing, but as you can see, having a few issues along the way!! Thanks in advance :) Dan

Created: August 12, 2014 at 2:10 pm
  • In: Auction Theme
  • Started by: DanielDaniel
  • 3 members left 5 comments
  • Last reply from: Mark FailMark Fail

• Daniel
    Daniel
    August 13, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Can anyone help me with this??

• Errol
    Errol
    August 13, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I have never use that them before so I’m not certain if you can find an answer in this link or you can do a further search in the search forums to the right of this page – Hope all goes well.

Regards,

• Errol
    Errol
    August 13, 2014 at 10:37 pm

BTW scroll the page when open to see all the posts on the page!

• Daniel
    Daniel
    August 14, 2014 at 12:58 am

Thanks for the reply Errol but I can’t find anything that really helps me out.

I think what I’m asking is how to hide shortcode if the taxonomy is empty.

If people don’t specify a buy it now price and I place this in the search results, it comes up as zero. When in fact it isn’t free, they just didn’t specify a price.

Surely there is a way to remove shortcode or the contents of shortcode that is empty?

Also wondering how to ensure prices have the decimals and cents after it??

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    August 14, 2014 at 1:38 am

The theme isnt currently setup to support this which is why its displayed as 0. You’ll need to create a function and hook into the price function to manipulate the display.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)