Google Map Zoom problems

• David
    David
    October 9, 2015 at 3:14 am

Hi there

I cannot change the zoom on Google maps on my search results page, I have tried every possible option of position and zoom from 0 to 20 and I still get the same result which is a view that just shows my position.

To see the other pins I need to move the toolbox (which defaults to the right and covers the +/- adjustment – Can this be defaulted left) and how can I change the Zoom.

Please see attached image

PS my front page google map has changed from showing all the pins in the world to jst my location (ie zoomed right in) any ideas how to change that as well?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Janak
    October 9, 2015 at 7:17 am

David, what version are you on?

• David
    David
    October 9, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Version 8.6

• Errol
    Errol
    October 9, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Not certain but seeing the release of version 8.7 it might fix some of those problem. See post… https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/version-8-7-beta-downloads/

• Janak
    October 9, 2015 at 8:17 pm

David, yes Errol is right, there were a lot of map issues in 8.6. I flagged a whole load in one post in the 8.6 bugs thread. I did quite a lot of testing on 8.7 Beta and map is much better but I still found a couple of zoom problems that I’ve posted in 8.7 Release thread.

Try 8.7 Beta and see how you go on.

• Errol
    Errol
    October 9, 2015 at 8:31 pm

@Janak did you test 8.7 on the DT? If so was it easy to upgrade from 8.6 or a fresh install is needed? Just like to know seeing we have a test 8.6 but I have not touch or look at it in over a week now.

• Janak
    October 9, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Errol, I had a very rough DT test system on 8.6 that I was just playing around on so just manually updated (ie. replaced theme via FTP) and noticed no issues. Generally, I’ve been waiting until a stable version came out before starting anything new. Hopefully 8.7 will be that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments